PDA

View Full Version : Macaroni John's homemade Mac & cheese.

johnbfishin
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Chick made me promise to post this recipe and since I don't swim very well here it is. ;) Note: This is for a 9x12" baking pan and can be + or - to fit pan size.

2 cans of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
Equal amount of milk, using one of the cans.
2 bags of shredded Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese, or shred your own.
1lb bag of large elbow macaroni.

Slowly heat the milk & cheese soup together.
Boil the macaroni, keep it firm because it will cook more later.
Grease the cooking pan, I use butter.
Mix the macaroni and soup together in the baking ban and cover with cheddar cheese. The trick here is to use enough cheese so when it melts down there is still enough to cover the noodles. I don't think you can use too much cheese.

A few dabs of butter and some black pepper on top, bake at 350 until golden brown.

A few years ago I brought this dish to a BBQ, not very many people knew me at the time and nobody knew my last name. Since then I have been referred to as Macaroni John. For better or for worse, we get nick names from the oddest things. ;)

robert_long
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I am pissed at you John >:( You did not save a little portion Saturday night for me. Then I had to here how great it was Sunday morning at the campfire :( Will I now have to wait for the next fest for a taste :'(

Robert

johnbfishin
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Sorry Robert, I did think about it but too late.....much, much too late. ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
07-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I am pissed at you John >:( You did not save a little portion Saturday night for me. Then I had to here how great it was Sunday morning at the campfire :( Will I now have to wait for the next fest for a taste :'(

* Robert

ha ha :P I got alot of it :P

SuperDave
07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Robert, to get back at him, make the recipe at home and eat all of it! ;D Cook's rules, if the cook gives out a recipe of his prized dish, nobody can be pissed. ;)

chicofishrmen
07-20-2007, 08:04 AM
JohnB,

Thanks for posting the recipe, that was the best mac's & cheese I've ever had! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/chowtime.gif

johnbfishin
07-20-2007, 08:36 AM
JohnB,

Thanks for posting the recipe, that was the best mac's & cheese I've ever had!

Thanks and you're welcome Chico.

This is a great dish to cook at home and take camping, stores and re-heats easily.....and it is good! :P