PDA

View Full Version : "mack" 'n' cheese

spinfisher
02-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Mack 'n' Cheese.

Actually, I started this with salmon, specifically Coho, but it's great with King, and some of Lee's big Mack from Flaming Gorge last year found its way into this dish, too. I've done it with halibut as well so, be free, and play with the recipe! :D

(Don't look for precise measurements, that isn't the way I cook, and if it was, that also isn't the way my memory works anymore. :-[)

Start with however much macaroni you will want to bake into the dish for the appetites at hand. When it's done and drained, put it into a casserole dish, stir a big tablespoon light cream cheese into it, salt, pepper, maybe some Chipotle special sauce (as for Fish Tacos). Maybe a dollop or two of Marie's caesar dressing.

Stir into this,

-Chopped regular mild canned chiles, and some chopped roasted Ancho chiles. (and beyond, to taste I stop with the mild stuff If I want more zip, more Chipotle sauce goes in :o)

-Also, sauteed: sweet red (and/or green or yellow) bell peppers, chopped garlic and scallions.

- a half to 1 cup frozen niblets corn (you can use the white corn leftover from your last Kokanee trip, but it probably would be best not to use the corn that's already been marinated :P)

-Diced fillet of fish of choice not cooked

-Peeled, seeded, diced fresh raw tomatoes

-A couple of cups of shredded cheddar, jack, or other good cheese.

Stir it all together, spice it up, top with more cheese and some pine nuts. Bake covered for 15 20 minutes to cook the fish and melt the cheese good. Open it up and raise the temperature to crisp the top.

Hope ya like it! [smiley=chowtime.gif]

FinshingSW
02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
That sounds too good to be true...will have to try a modified version as soon as possible...thanks