PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Cheeseburger meatloaf

SuperDave
01-24-2007, 11:26 AM
I found this on a camping website and thought it looked "killer", like harden your arteries killer. *;D

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

2 pounds ground beef
½ cup Italian bread crumbs
¼ cup minced onions
¼ cup minced celery
2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 eggs
1½ teaspoons salt
1½ teaspoons black pepper
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic, green onions, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well. On a piece of wax paper, shape meat mixture into a ½-inch thick rectangle. Spread cheese over the meat, leaving a ¾-inch border around the edges. Sprinkle bacon over cheese. Roll the meat in a jelly roll fashion to enclose the filling and form a pinwheel loaf. Press both ends to enclose the cheese. Place in a 10" x 15" baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until done. When done, sprinkle with additional cheese or ketchup and mustard if desired.

http://www2.filehost.to/files/2006-11-07_01/062141_BACON_CHEESEBURGER_MEATLOAF_200.jpg

robert_long
01-24-2007, 11:39 AM
DAMN that looks and sounds great Dave ;D Bring some to the Salmon Fest :P We all go off our diets at fests dont we ::)

Robert

FISHSTALKER
01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Nice dish Dave! The photo has set off my hunger alarm. ;)

SuperDave
01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
What do you guys think, a big pile of mashed potatoes on the side?

metalmouth
01-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah buddy! "Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf," it's what's for dinner. ;)

Axminster2
01-21-2014, 07:36 PM
Interesting read.

monkey916
01-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Ax... nice pull... you brought that one from way back... thanks

Jetspray
01-22-2014, 07:13 AM
That's a great recipe Dave, I do one similar but I buy equal parts of ground beef and ground pork as the meat in mine. Sonia does not like bell peppers, so I leave them out myself. You can substitute any other ground meats to mix it up too. Bacon strips on top are also a great add. Use the excess drippings to make the gravy, don't forget the gravy........Jetspray

outdoordude
01-26-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm with you jetspray, I mix hot Italian sausage with mine, skip the bell peppers. Did this the other night, pounded out some thin patties put blue cheese on and press the patties together, oh yea thats a burger, swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms and garlic on top....end of story.

Jetspray
01-27-2014, 07:01 AM
I'm with you jetspray, I mix hot Italian sausage with mine, skip the bell peppers. Did this the other night, pounded out some thin patties put blue cheese on and press the patties together, oh yea thats a burger, swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms and garlic on top....end of story.
Now I'll have to make a trip down to WalMart after I go to ICR this morning. I am gonna get some Italian Sausage or Jimmy Dean's and give another try to meatloaf:action-smiley-035:.......Jetspray

Jetspray
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
I have my ingredients and am ready to give it a try Dave........Jetspray

49erbassman
01-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Lol I had some left over ground meat last week and slapped together a little cheeseburger meatloaf myself. Threw it in the smoker and it was fabulous!! I wish I would have thought of the bacon!!

Fish on!

okie
01-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Now I'll have to make a trip down to WalMart after I go to ICR this morning. I am gonna get some Italian Sausage or Jimmy Dean's and give another try to meatloaf:action-smiley-035:.......Jetspray
i heard on the redio the other day about breakfast, the guy said the eggs were from real chickend and the sausage was from jimmy dean? i'd go with the smoked or hotpolish sausages. that baconcheeseburgermeatloaf sounds great, since i cant getthat at home, please fix some at the fest.
be safe

Jetspray
01-28-2014, 05:07 PM
i heard on the redio the other day about breakfast, the guy said the eggs were from real chickend and the sausage was from jimmy dean? i'd go with the smoked or hotpolish sausages. that baconcheeseburgermeatloaf sounds great, since i cant getthat at home, please fix some at the fest.
be safe
It is making some great meatloaf sandwiches right now. I still have a pan left for tomorrow:biggrin:......Jetspray

okie
01-29-2014, 10:14 AM
It is making some great meatloaf sandwiches right now. I still have a pan left for tomorrow:biggrin:......Jetspray

make one for the fest, if i make one at home, i'll be in deep poopoo.
be safe

Jetspray
01-30-2014, 06:47 AM
make one for the fest, if i make one at home, i'll be in deep poopoo.
be safe It's a long way off Bill, but I will put it on the list. Now if I can just remember why I came in this room:homersimpson::duh::mickey:......Jetspray

danweasel
02-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Ahh yeeeeah, its in the oven. Thanks, Dave!

-Dan