PDA

View Full Version : Awsome breading 4 chick/prawns

themackenize
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Well this was a fun board to find seeing as i love to cook! My wifes friend turned me on to breading with sourdough english muffin crumbs for baked chicken. You just simply grind up english muffins in a food proccesor untill finly ground,then toast on a sheetpan at 350 for about 4 to 6 min.Then spray a chick breast with olive oil and coat the breast on both sides (heavily) then throw in freezer 10 min. Remove and bake at 350 for 12-15 min or golden brown(i also drizzle an S pattern of catalina dressing over top)For prawns(this is absolutly my favorite) dredge in seasoned flower,then dip in buttermilk(let excess run off).then roll or shake & bake them in the bread crumbs and again immediatly put them in the freezer on wax paper(the freezer helps everything bind together) 15-20 min. Deep fry 8-10 at a time at 325, remove to a plate with paper towel and salt immediatly(kosher). These are both amazing especially the prawns. Serve with homade tarter or cocktail sauce(recepie's apon request)
P.S. butterfly prawns and make 2 slashes in the other side of the prawn membrane to keep them from curling as much.ENJOY!!!

FatCat
12-22-2006, 08:44 AM
That sounds awesome! I'll bite on the homemade cocktail sauce recipe. I have experimented but have not been able to produce something to my liking.

What's your secret?