PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 12/3 (late)

isaaco77
12-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Trolled Beals Point near the dam for three 11" Kings from 2pm-4pm. Also lost a nice one at the boat (18"?). Two plus the one I lost were on a needlefish at 20' otw and one was on a rainbow pattern Little Cleo 25' otw in 30'-60' of water trolled at 2.4 mph.
Was wondering if anyone had any cooking suggestions for the Kings. I just cooked them like Kokanee but they didn't turn out very well. I was thinking about smoking them next time.

SideJump
12-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I think good recipes for Folsom trout and kings are hard to come by. I think finding a good sauce to pour over the fish would be the trick. The sauce would add much needed flavor.

I been to restaurants that do this, with flaky white fish (cod), and it always turns our pretty tasty. Add some rice a veggies and BAM!

Anyone have a great sauce recipes?

fishtales
12-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Congrat's on your success. King's so young don't have much flavor. I'll keep bleeders that size, and smoke them whole after a good brine. The larger King's at Folsom are great tasting. Fillet, and saute in clarified butter, sprinkle lightly with fresh dill, kosher salt, and ground pepper. Finish with a squirt of lemon. Don't over-cook!

wmgraphics
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh that recipe sounds great! I've been fishing Folsom with some success lately (bass and bows) and have yet to catch any landlocked salmon.

Where should I go and what should I use? How deep and are they coming up with the weather changing like the trout? Should I look for something particular on the fishfinder?

Any help appreciated.

flatcom
12-07-2006, 03:45 AM
butterfly the kings and place them in a alumminum pan. pour some yosidas teriyaki sauce over 'em and in the bbq. let'em simmer for a few minutes and flip. then sprinkle some chopped green onions on it and your done. great for kokes and trout. best part is just throw the pan away when your done. easy clean up. :)

SideJump
12-07-2006, 06:47 AM
FishTales, Flatcom,

Those are some good ideas. I am definitely going to give those a try.

SideJump

Silver_Streak
12-07-2006, 09:46 AM
I sometimes oven bake the fish (whole) with saki or white wine, along with salt and pepper, and lemon slices. After fish is done, make a white sauce with dill or taragon and pour over top. Most importantly, don't over cook the fish!

isaaco77
12-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the replies, will let the little ones go from now on.

jxpearce
12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Try stuffing them with minced onion and bacon chopped fine, maybe some herbs and a little lemon juice. Then wrap them flat in aluminum foil and put the package on the barbeque, 5 - 7 minutes on a side. Really tasty.

Dennis
12-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Guys,

Check out the 'Cooking your Catch' forum. 8-)