PDA

View Full Version : Abs and some fish for the camp.

brokea--boater
08-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Just Lisa and I ran up to Albion campground for 4 days. My buddy James had to cancel out last minute because his mother isn't doing well. Day one we launched out of Noyo harbor. I was wanting her to get a Salmon before it's all over. We ran about 8 miles north of the whistle. Had a hard time finding some some water clear of Jellies and debris. Trolled and mooched, trying everything to scratch up a bite. Not much bait around. I was there about 3 weeks ago and the fishing was insane. After about 5 hrs and Lisa's third round of chuming we called it a day, oh well. She really was a trooper hanging in there that long. Day two splashed the boat at the campground and headed out for some Ab diving. Water was dirty and viz was only about 5'. We weren't worried about a limit on our first dive day, so we brought back enough for dinner. Came back in and had a nice big brakfast. I wanted to fish, but Lisa had enough from the day before. So after a couple hours of making new friends around the campground and having a series BS sessions I headed out by myself to add some fish to the menu. Found some really nice quality blues and a few keeper lings to bring back. That's what I love about this place. The boat is tied to a dock for the entire trip and its no big deal to jump in and go fish, come back and have lunch or whatever and go back out. The fishing grounds are out front, or how far you want to explore. We dove for two days and brought home some nice slugs. I fished a couple of days, but had to eat, share, and give away fish to keep within my limits. Only had one big Ling on but damn thing poped off while I was fumbling to get the gaf. Great get away for the two of us, and can't wait to go back there again,,,gregg

salmonid
08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
Very cool trip!

Seems like it was great up there earlier in the year for salmon. I would like to try it there.

Best & enjoy those overgrown clams!

brokea--boater
08-18-2014, 08:33 PM
there's a great group of people that return to this little gem of a campground on a regular basis. We always met some of them on each of our trips. No monster lings in the box this trip, but there's always a next time,,,gregg

dennis l
08-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Some good eating there Lings and Blues yummy yummy yummy !!!

bassmaster415
08-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Great trip. Reading this post makes me craving for some abs and rockies. If weather permits, I may head north for a dive/fishing trip this weekend.

ApexPredator
08-19-2014, 12:00 PM
That sounds like a great trip, well done.