PDA

View Full Version : Excellent halibut

SuperDave
04-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I cooked some halibut from Costco this weekend and it was out of this world.

I soaked it in 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 2 TBSP of Thai Fish Sauce for a couple hours. During the last 1/2 hour of marinating, I melted a cube of butter and a tsp of garlic powder and poured over the fish.

I bbq'd the fish on the grill over medium heat for 20 minutes, flipping about every 5 minutes. It was served with fresh asparagus and saffron rice.

ECVMatt
04-06-2006, 10:42 AM
That sounds really good. I really got spoiled this past summer spending so much time in Homer and Ninilchik. I had some of the best Halibut EVER. It has replaced catfish as my favorite. I usually bake the butfish, occasionally fry it but I think you have inspired me to try BBQing the next time the weather permits. That halibut from costco is pretty darn good, not up to par with caught that day fish, but far better than I expected.

If anyone gets the chance, get the halibut sandwhich from Eriks BBQpit on the Homer Spit

LuLu22
04-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Darn . That is making me hungry for Halibut. Thank you for the recipy.
I have BBQ ed it B4 and it is the best. I like to cook the halibut on the boat at anchor in the outer bay at Bodega. We BBQ it there too with a butter and lemon rub. It is really easy to over cook the fish. I'm goint to put he fixings for your method on the boat for the next trip
Thank you
Ron

cuhogn
04-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Hinrid
Try soaking the asparagus in Gerards champagne salad dressing for about 2 hours and then putting that on the Barb just before the fish is done, about 3 minutes.