PDA

View Full Version : Original Bacon wrapped sturgeon

Know_Excuses
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Recipe by or from: Know_Excuses - "Original"

I used this for the last sturgeon I caught.Cut the fish into half dollor size chunks.Wrap the fish in bacon and stick a tooth pick through it to hold the bacon on.Throw on the bbq and season to taste.When done serve on a tray as finger food.Pretty simple I know but I just wanted to share. ;D ;D

Steelhead
01-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Realy good with albacore

wildturkey
01-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I've cooked a lot of fish, but found a simple quick way to do Salmon on the BB-Q.
I don't know if this came out of a book, probably not because it is so easy.
I lay a whole fillet on a aluminum tray made out of heavy foil with the sides curled up a half inch or so. With the skin side down I spread real mayo, butter and salt and pepper and let the Q do the rest until it flakes and it's done.

Know_Excuses
01-05-2006, 04:51 PM
I've cooked a lot of fish, but found a simple quick way to do Salmon on the BB-Q.
I don't know if this came out of a book, probably not because it is so easy.
I lay a whole fillet on a aluminum tray made out of heavy foil with the sides curled up a half inch or so. With the skin side down I spread real mayo, butter and salt and pepper and let the Q do the rest until it flakes and it's done.

Yea that way is great.We do it with stripers ;D ;D

ratss427
01-05-2006, 07:12 PM
anything wrapped with bacon sounds good to me! :)

PlugROCKSTAR
01-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Recipe by or from: Know_Excuses - "Original"

I used this for the last sturgeon I caught.

you mean the one you paid $23 a pound for, not caught :P Stomper said you don't know how to fish. hahahaha

fishrman4life
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Garlic, butter, salt, pepper. Brush on liberally until you are satisfied.

Know_Excuses
01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
you mean the one you paid $23 a pound for, not caught *:P Stomper said you don't know how to fish. hahahaha

LOL ::) ::) He is just mad cuz I give him some competition in the drinking beer area.

dogfish30
01-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Keeping on the bacon wrapped theme. It's not fish, but it sure is good. I'm not sure where my wife got this, but here it is. Buy a can of whole water chestnuts, wrap in bacon, sprinkle lightly with brown surgar, and bake for a short time. Really good. DF30

Bass_Whole
01-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I like this recipe, and have used it many times. *I got it off of the Sturgeon Board a while ago, and am wondering exactly how original it is? *I guess it is so simple than many people could come up with it on their own. *Great recipe though.

Here is another way to try if you don't want to deep fry your sturgeon. *It is simple and very good.

Cut your sturgeon steaks into 3/4 inch strips length wise(the long side)

Roll them up and wrap them in bacon. *Hold it all together with tooth picks. *Brush with good olive oil and then season with salt and pepper and garlic powder.

BBQ these wraps while they are cooking you can brush with real clarified butter, but this isn't necessary. *Make sure not to over cook it. *

A very simple but delicious recipe. *Enjoy