PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Regulation Changes at Pyramid

Captain Compassion
09-18-2014, 09:41 AM
PUBLIC NOTICE: PLPT Fishing, Camping & Boating Regulations Revisions
The Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe is proposing Revisions to the Tribe's FISHING, CAMPING, & BOATING REGULATIONS. If you would like to receive a copy of the proposed revisions, please call the Pyramid Lake Tribal Office at 775-574-1000. Comments may be made until Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. and submitted to: Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Attn: Executive Secretary, P.O. Box 256, Nixon, NV 89424.

Proposes Changes
http://plpt.nsn.us/0flyers/2014_0818RRR.pdf

Some highlights

Daily boating permit goes from $9 to $13
Daily Fishing Permit goes from $9 to $13
Annual Fishing Permit goes from $74 to $100
Second Rods would be allowed for an additional $14 per day.
Upper end of the slot limited is increased from 24 inches to 26 inches.
No parking within 50 feet of any shoreline.
All boats will be equipped with coast guard approved visual
distress signals (i.e. flares).

These changes are not set in stone........ Yet.

CC

Verdeye
09-18-2014, 10:09 AM
After all the attention Pyramid got last season I expected some of this. (fee increases) My gripe is that we never see any of the much discussed improvements - like another functional boat ramp.

Tahosrfr
09-18-2014, 10:16 AM
👎 Boo

Tahosrfr
09-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Some improvements on their part would be nice

Lifted
09-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Since I only go there a few times a year, I guess I'll have to suck it up, but I think CC mentioned in another post that they were paving some roads and stuff. Hopefully with extra $$ they will keep that up.

OYD
09-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Annual permits for both fishing and boating will really add up. The two rod stamp does not seem to be a necessity but evidently some people need the extra gear in the water. Heck, most of the time you are so busy catching fish with one rod that two or more people in a boat make it look like a circus with all the rods and nets flying. However, I have seen numerous boats trolling where it is obvious that they were using two rods, so the tribe might as well make some $$ on it.
The ability to leave chairs, ladders, etc in the water an hour seems to be too long a time frame unless the owner keeps the crutches in direct sight. An hour time frame is long enough for someone to set up their gear, drive away to Crosby's and get back, or set up their gear before and hour before sunrise just to hold a spot.
Parking more than 50 feet from the shoreline will be problematic in some areas since the space is limited. Other areas, it is readily feasible.

Captain Compassion
09-20-2014, 12:39 PM
This just in.

EVERYONE, TAKE A BREATH, RELAX, AND PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE. Last night the Tribal Council entertained discussion on the proposed changes to fees and regulations. They voted to keep them the same for the 2014-15 season, but to continue working on the updates for the next several months.

Regs and fees same as last year. :D

CC

Prettyman01
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Yes! When will the annual permits become available?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Captain Compassion
09-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes! When will the annual permits become available?

Because the tribe waited until less than two weeks before the opener to make a decision on new rules annual permits may not be ready until after the opener. They are trying to think up a way to use last years permits. You may be able to get permits online but I don't believe that this is set up yes. I have been in contact (Sunday evening) with folks who will get the answers and I will post here.

CC