PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Creek 10/03/14

wsonphan
10-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Just started up fly fishing a couple months ago so I've been doing quite a bit of exploring around Tiger Creek and Salt Springs since it's close to my house. Anyways, went up and fished Tiger Creek below the dam yesterday after work between 1700-1900 for a couple native browns and a rainbow. Fish were small, about 6-8" but were a blast to catch on the dry fly. Gonna figure out how to upload some pics tomorrow.

RideNfish
10-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Cool stuff. I fished that area once. How are the flows? Must be next to no water coming into Tiger Creek.

Here is how to post pics if you want to have big pics in your thread like you see most do.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/general-boating-saltwater-discussion/100166-official-photobucket-picture-posting-tutorial.html

When you see the small thumbnail pics that you have to click on to see they were directly uploaded to the Sniffer using the "Insert Image" icon above your post as you type.

Much nicer doing it the way I gave a link to. Just get a free PhotoBucket account. The above tutorial is good but don't let it scare ya. Looks like a lot to do but that is only due to ecplaining every click. Open an account (free) and upload your photos. If you need help PM me if you want.

wsonphan
10-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the link RideNfish! I'll check it out tonight when I get home. Not sure what the exact flows were but the section below the dam has been consistent the past few months. Decent numbers of small natives in there. When I moved up to the area, I would bring a ladder and fish over the fence at the powerhouse using crickets and would catch a lot of trout. One day it would be mostly browns, the next mostly rainbows. Some decent sized fish too. My biggest there was around a 4lb brown. Haven't seen too many caught the past few years at that spot. I believe they used to plant there but haven't for awhile. It's a pretty popular swimming spot so there's quite a few weekenders and generally people who fish and don't understand the importance of catch and release for native fisheries...