PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunting or hunted X3b?

fishslammer
10-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Headed up to cedarville area this next week to try and get a few bucks down and was wondering if anyone has been up there yet.

ojfishin
10-12-2014, 07:54 PM
my favorite place to hunt, camp , good luck looks like the weather will be working for you

fishslammer
10-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Well today was our first day east of Alturas in the Warner Mountains and all we have seen in a does and small spikes and forks. Guy in town says the have been killing big deer in that area but haven't seen anyone in that area. 3 days left on the hunt so we will give them all we have. Beautiful country up there and snow on the ground.

Big Game
10-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Well today was our first day east of Alturas in the Warner Mountains and all we have seen in a does and small spikes and forks. Guy in town says the have been killing big deer in that area but haven't seen anyone in that area. 3 days left on the hunt so we will give them all we have. Beautiful country up there and snow on the ground.

FS,

Way back when......when we used to actually get DRAWN for a CA Deer tag in a zone we liked, we hunted 2 different spots in X3B and we always had some action, both with a bow and rifle.
The first spot was out of Likely near Blue Lake. The other spot was up at Davis Creek (there was a little Store on the corner) - Lots of Roads back in there. Don't overlook the ponds up in X3B - they are full of Rainbow and Brook Trout...
Good Luck
Big Game

Big Game
10-21-2014, 06:29 PM
FS, pay attention to the other X-3 post. That is exactly where we used to hunt. But it used to be THREE points or better. Huge Deer. BG.

BigUnInDaBoat
10-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Check out the X-3b buck taken over on jessies, its a dandy.

QueenAnnesRevenge
10-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Ive bunted there all my life, now its an every 3-4 year game. normally i hunt low where 299 comes into ca from Nevada the nearest landmark would be ant springs. This year we went to blue lakes, imho its a nursery full of immature bucks and meadowettes. Plus the roads looked like business 80 @ rush hour
On the plus side, every doe had a yearling or 2 with her. And there arent any boot prints 2 ridges past any road, its heavily road hunted.
I found this 4x4 with a group of bucks about 4 miles east of the road that heads to Madeline from forest route 64.

Big Game
10-22-2014, 07:45 PM
QAR that's very sportsman - like of you to give such detailed info on a spot. You don't see that much nowadays - Thank You. We were close to Camp One Spring by Lost Lake. Lots of Deer and fish. Awesome spot.
Congrats. BG