PDA

View Full Version : Golden Trout Article soon -3 week solo High Sierra Expedition Oct.2014

Gene St. Denis
10-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Just got back from my Annual Trip .... and it was a " Magnificent " ...Solo Golden Trout Expedition in the High Sierra Nevada Mountains at 11,000 to 13,000 feet . Down to 238 Pounds upon Finish !!! Started south of Langley and came out south of Big Pine !!!!! Over 80 Miles in the Backcountry !!!! :suesscat:Anyway,I am downloading the few thousand Photos , EATTING LOTS of CALORIES , and going thru all my Backpacking Gear . I will have the Annual Expedition Report out soon( with Lots of PHOTOS !!! ) , Bear with Me as I am one sore and tired little Camper/Hiker !!!!! The 5 Largest Golden Trout were 21, 22, 22, 23 , and a AMAZING 25 inch Male !!!! These were out of over 200 Golden's , I Caught and released . I cut up and fryed up 8 for Dinners and Shore Lunches !!!!!! :picnic1: Tastie Treats that is for sure !!!! Very Cold and Windy this Fall in the High Country !!!!! Saw Several Big Horn Sheep ...very Close !!!!! :yahoo: Gotta Love it !!!!!! Will post soon !!! And several late Mackinaw Reports as well !!!! Yours Truly , Captain Gene St. Denis

nvthis
10-20-2014, 10:17 AM
I remember your pictures from last year. What a treat!

PapaGreg
10-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Looking forward to the pics!

Sutter Creek
10-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Saw last years. Wow!

Mr Ed
10-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Sounds like you had a nice safe trip and were nice to all your body parts.........
that is a very good thing !! That may days w/o the first aid kit is so sweet.

Will look forward to your pictures after you relax and enjoy the comforts of "Town life"
for a few days and get used to walking on smooth flat ground again.

All those miles these two years, are those hiking boots getting thin on the bottom ?

Later.

tomaniacal
10-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Can't wait. Your journeys and photos always encourage me to get off my butt and wake up at stupid early hours to get out there into the Sierras.

Verdeye
10-22-2014, 08:57 AM
This is always one of the best posts of the year - looking forward to it, especially the photos of country most will never experience.