PDA

View Full Version : Topic restrictions

Wolf74
07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Hello, I am writing this because I am concerened about the recent restriction of board topics. Specificly the restriction of the topic of beading in the salmon board. I know this has been a very dicey subject for quite some time now but the fact remains that this a legal form of fishing. As the salmon season progresses the topic will no doubt come up again. This is a very popular fishing method and although it may have its critics I just don't see how you will be able to censor this subject out of the boards without some fallout. Last year there was some skirmishes however they were very small and were resolved pretty quickly. I believe that the same could be done this year and things could be kept under control.
Again this is a legal method of fishing and a popular one, and I feel that restricting the information to the anglers that frequent this board is taking away from their ability to learn from the experience of others.

Thank you for your time.

Mickey_Thomas
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
This site belongs to and is paid for by the Fish Sniffer Mag. We get to play here because they let us, if there's a subject that they don't want on here it's their choice. This is not a democracy, it's a fishing forum, and a free one. IMO ;)

Wolf74
07-16-2007, 09:05 PM
You are compleatly right. This is their forum and they can put whatever they want on it, or they could kick me out for having too many letters in my name. However I believe that if they offer a forum for members to voice concerns about the site then we should be allowed to do so. Whether or not they allow beading to be talked about is up to them, however I think its good to at least voice my concern about a policy that potentialy takes away from the forum experience.

Mickey_Thomas
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I think its good to at least voice my concern about a policy that potentialy takes away from the forum experience. Don't get me wrong, I was just trying to explain how "I" think it works, I have no inside info or anything. I agree with you completely, just don't think it will go anywhere ;)

Wolf74
07-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Lol, ok. Your probibly right, but it doesn't hurt to try.

FatCat
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey Wolf,

You aren't alone, man. In fact, I think it would be safe to say that the majority of salmon anglers on the freshwater salmon board bead. It is no secret how a certain person at the Sniffer feels about beading. I can't say I am much surprised that they would ban discussion of it from the boards. Nonetheless, that kind of divisive, counter-productive snobbiness amongst fellow anglers really chaps my hide. Just remember that half those salmon pics they print to sell their mag come from beaders. And, should they (or anyone else) attempt to keep us from doing it again, we will utterly destroy their feeble efforts, just like last time. ;) 8-)

metalmouth
07-18-2007, 05:24 AM
From the Senior Editors of the Print Sniffer on beading policy:

As it stands, the boards policy is to allow all beading fishing report threads, with the exception of a beading 101 post.
As always, it is the policy of the Sniffer to not allow fishing posts to be flamed or harassed over methods and take within the law. I hope that it can stay civil.

MM

Mickey_Thomas
07-18-2007, 05:31 AM
Gee, I looked for this yesterday guess it made it back :) I'm the last guy to say "bead or not to bead" I've never fished the river for Salmon. I am glad this thread was returned for discussion, that's a good thing ;)

Know_Excuses
07-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey Wolf,

* You aren't alone, man. In fact, I think it would be safe to say that the majority of salmon anglers on the freshwater salmon board bead. It is no secret how a certain person at the Sniffer feels about beading. I can't say I am much surprised that they would ban discussion of it from the boards. Nonetheless, that kind of divisive, counter-productive snobbiness amongst fellow anglers really chaps my hide. Just remember that half those salmon pics they print to sell their mag come from beaders. And, should they (or anyone else) attempt to keep us from doing it again, we will utterly destroy their feeble efforts, just like last time. *;) *8-)

So So freakin well said fatcat.I remember you and salmonilla going to bat when that all came down.I dont bead for salmon but non the less glad for the effort and results you got.Maybe i will go bead now just because I can.

KE