PDA

View Full Version : Are our Personal Messages monitored?

ric1ric
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Are our Personal Messages monitored?

metalmouth
06-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Rick, as a global moderator I can tell you that no moderator has the power to read anyone's pm's but their own. I do receive pm's from people who quote the pm's they receive when they are being harassed, threatened, or even solicited by someone using the pm system to try to sell things. The admins will have to answer your questions beyond what I have just told you.

MM/Don

FS Marketing
06-25-2007, 05:15 PM
PM's are NOT monitored.

If you go to "Profile" and then "PM Preferences", there is a box "Notify by Email". If you have that marked as "Yes", an email is autogenerated by the program sending you a notification that you have just received a PM and quotes the PM. If you respond to THAT email with rather than going to your PM box and reading and responding there, you are responding basically to ME as it uses a fishsniffer.com email address... and it comes to my email address. There is no other way for me to see your PM's, only if you respond to an email that obviously has ...@fishsniffer.com as the email address, which will come to me.

So next time you get an email, note where it is coming from before responding please. Use the PM's as they are meant to be ... PM's are within the program and as such are ENTIRELY PRIVATE...

And yes, I was out of town, yes I was on for a moment at the hotel, but I am back now.......
Deborah ... deborah@fishsniffer.com or admin@fishsniffer.com

ric1ric
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Thank you for clearing that up