PDA

View Full Version : Big Cut and upper MB

Mako
02-14-2015, 08:03 PM
So for the second time in 3 weeks I fished big cut were I caught fish in the past. Metered like crazy and nothing moved to MB and jay lopes pulls up next to me plucks one and leaves. I tied all new leaders with 7/0 owner kahle w/ 5/16 oz egg and bullet head with 60 lb wire and 80 lb P line mono. I have been fishing Eel, eel with grass, eel with grass, eel with roe, grass alone, ghost and grass. So, what am I doing wrong I'm not getting any bites. I'm just getting some striper bites and catching a few of those. Im a long time 5 star sniffer. Can someone pm me an give me some help??? Help

Skipjacker707
02-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Were you marking fish where you finally stopped? If not then keep moving till you find a good concentration of fish and set up a few hundred yards down from them.

Mako
02-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes, ever time I set up I slowly go around a stop on fish. I have had some excellent markings too

fishnmike
02-17-2015, 09:19 AM
There are tons of fish from the Cuts down to the Bridge right now but the bite occurs during very short periods of time, mostly on the income right now. Everyone is scratching their heads, even the guys that are getting some still feel they should be doing better with the number of fish present.

LONO100
02-17-2015, 11:06 AM
i was out in monty yesterday hunting for stripers. i saw this all day long, large schools in multiple locations but i couldnt get them to bite. we trolled over these guys who just seemed to sit in the same spot for long periods of time, but wouldnt bite. we even dropped bait down and just got picked off by cats all day long.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/LONO101/fishin%20pics/GetAttachmentaspx_zpsf0f63106.jpeg (http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/LONO101/media/fishin%20pics/GetAttachmentaspx_zpsf0f63106.jpeg.html)

Mako
02-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Thanks, when you don't fish for them but every couple of years and you don't hook up your confidence goes down. I think I'm pretty dialed on my setup. Just need more time in I guess