PDA

View Full Version : What insinuation or debate?

vjlazz
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Look, I'm not going to PM you as this is a subject affected by all. *You can not just delete threads YOU feel are against you. *I'm not trying to debate you, I would like some clear communication between all who use this board about some of the policies of the Sniffer. *I'm not asking you for a debate on any subject, I just feel it is wrong that you take your "power" and kill threads that might have some constructive advice for this board.

Look again, my friend, people are still talking about the tourney info you deleted!

Policy or not, there should be some common sense involved before locking or deleting a thread.

I have emailed Deborah on my thoughts and concerns.

I hope you think twice before exercising your "power" upon this thread.

I thought this was a place to exchange information about fishing?

What did anyone say to threaten you?

Nothing I posted went against your so called "policy".

I would suggest you take a couple of steps back and relax.

Only my .02

-Vince

drstressor
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
The moderators don't make policy for the sniffer. *That is the admins *business. *All we do is to try and help people follow the rules and have a place where they can discuss fishing. *The sniffer doesn't allow advertisements for tournaments except under certain circumstances. *We moderators can't do anything about that. *

Please cut the moderators a little slack here. *What we do has nothing to do with power. *We are all just volunteers. *We just do this stuff because we like fishing and enjoy seeing the boards work well.

Doc

vjlazz
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Yes, I have sent an email to Deborah regarding this. *However, I did not like the moderators comments on "insinuating" anything. *I was not trying to bash anyone, I just wanted an open forum on these type of issues. *I did not appreciate that MetalMouth deleted and locked certain threads, which seemed uncalled for.

My point is that this is a public forum of which people can speak their minds, of any subject. Of course, if someone is going to harm someone then that should be blocked. *If someone one is going to bad mouth someone then that should be blocked. *But my comments were neither and this person decided to delete the thread.

Take a look at the staff of sniffer and decide what is best, but I believe that some of this info (gripes, complaints, and such) should be posted so "upper mgmt" can see what is wanted on this site.

Only my .02

Not trying to bash anyone here.

badger
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
vjlazz,

As a owner of a large website/forum and online business much like fishsniffer is I understand why they have there policies because we have very similar policies. To over simplify it, these policies are what keep the forum alive by paying the bills.

No one is forcing you to participate on the sniffer forum, if you don't like the way it's ,you can always visit another fishing forum with the plethora of fishing information provided here..... Let me know if you find that site. *;)

drstressor
03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
You hit on the real issue there Vince. *This actually isn't a public forum like a lot of other fishing sites on the web. *The FishSniffer is a privately owned business. *I think this may be at the root of the misunderstanding here. *They sell advertising to keep the site going. *If they were to let people advertise for free, the people who pay for advertising would be quite unhappy. *
The admins, who are affiliated with but who are not the same business *as the print version of the sniffer, let us all use this site for free because they can sell adds to support it. *Like any private business, they have the right to determine their own policies in accordance with their business plan. *We as members have the right to ask for an explanation of the policies if we don't understand them. *But we don't have the right to tell the admins how to run their business. *They are actually very interested in hearing feedback from the membership, but they don't read most of the boards themselves. *That's why they have moderators. *The best way to communicate with the sniffer admins about policy issues is by sending an email to deborah@fishsniffer.com. *That way they will see your ideas.

Doc

FishRman
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Bottom line is it is a privatly run company that is nice enough to have a forum to share our stories, ask questions, and enjoy fishing. If they say only post on tuesdays after 5pm and stop weds by 6pm im doing it to keep this site alive and happy because I enjoy it.

SLOfisher
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people, all of the time."
Same thing goes for making people happy on any web-site, this one included.

Kudo's to the Moderator's for doing a thankless, and sometimes difficult job.