PDA

View Full Version : Combining Reports

AllFishNoWork
11-04-2006, 07:00 PM
I was thinking it may help to clean up some of the boards if all reports from popular bodies of water were posted in one thread. I believe I have seen this done on the salmon/steelhead or striper boards.

Currently there is 6 threads on the first page of the trout board from the same lake, 2 with the same title.

I think by combining them it will allow more threads from different lakes to stay on the first page. Also, it would make it easier for people to get tips and their questions answered rather than starting even more threads.

Just a thought, I'll go back to my corner and shut up now.

drstressor
11-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll second that. It's much easier for folks to read one thread titled "Amador 11-4" than 4 threads on the same topic. A single thread also encourages more discussion since people won't post the same reply in more than one thread.

metalmouth
11-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Allfish, that's a great idea. As you point out it has worked well on the Striper and Salmon/Steelhead board. It makes the topic much easier to search as well as promotes camaraderie among people who frequent or would frequent certain bodies of water. Now for the big Q. Who is going to enforce it? *[smiley=rotfl2.gif] * 8-) *[smiley=rotfl2.gif] I think I'll nominate Doc. *;)

On the serious side, it probably could be done by the moderator putting up a thread with the name "Official _______ Thread" or something like that with the lake in the blank.

TS5655
11-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Last year there were so many Amador reports that I quit reading the trout boards. "Trolled a grub, caught a lot of hard fighting, big fish, and saw a lot of Sniffers." Repeat.

drstressor
11-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Troutfan needs to start and maintain an "Official Winter 2006 Amador Thread". ;)

troutfan
11-05-2006, 03:05 AM
That is an excellent idea! *I had considered this before but I was not sure how the members would feel about it but it just makes sense. Consider it done. *Thanks guys. 8-)

metalmouth
11-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Way cool Troutfan! 8-) I enjoy reading those two lakes but now it's easier to know where I left off and who's been and what the bite is on.

Thanks,

MM

AllFishNoWork
11-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Great job Troutfan! Thank you. I think these 2 threads will work out nicely.

I recently figured out the thread navigation tools(yea, I'm a little slow)

The "new" button next to the thread title takes you to the first post you haven't read. Be careful with this if you share a computer with another user.

The "last post" button is cool if you want the latest info or don't mind reading threads backwards.

The "pages" buttons are nice when trying to find older posts.

Mickey_Thomas
11-05-2006, 08:18 AM
The only problem with the "new" format is that a lot of us read the sticky topics at the top of the page and then don't check it all the time. Also there's a lot of sniffers that when they post a report I jump on it because I want to see "their" report. I'm sure I can adjust, we'll see how it goes. Why would anyone take an Allfish suggestion serious anyway? ;D ;D ;D ;D

troutfan
11-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I thought it was a great idea and I'm sure that you are capable of adjusting. *I think you'll grow to see the advantage and every other post will stay on the front page much longer. ;) *Additionally, when you search for the thread next year you will find all the information for that particular lake *for the entire season by typing the search term "Official". * ;) I do appreciate your input and everyone else's Mickey and as you said we'll see how it goes.

AllFishNoWork
11-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Why would anyone take an Allfish suggestion serious anyway?

That is one very good point right there!

johnbfishin
11-23-2006, 04:30 AM
I think it's a good idea. I've sometimes posted a report of the same lake on a thread someone else started, on one hand it seems a bit like hijacking but if it becomes common practice it'll help a lot. There are always those that like to start their own thread but they'll get over it. 8-)

StocktonDon
11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Great idea, very helpful on several fronts.

Don
02-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I think if the Message boards were used for what I'm sure they were intended. Messages and reports instead of a Chat board would clear up TONS of space. * Don