PDA

View Full Version : Montana

MontanaN8V
03-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Montana deadline for Elk/deer is March 15. There is also a program called coming home to hunt, where former residents can come home to hunt, and I believe they are almost guaranteed a tag. There is certain perameters that have to be met, but basically, if you have been a resident at one time, and still have family there, you are golden. If you draw a tag, and want info on where to hunt or good guides and outfitters, let me know. If schedules work out, I would let sniffers hunt with me. Good elk/deer, birds and fishing and hot shower everynight.

Noobfisher
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
That sounds pretty cool. I wish I was a previous resident. This will be my third try in a row to get a Deer A license. I have failed to draw the last two times I have put in. Hopefully with 2 bonus points and the point with this years application I can finally draw out. I go spend a couple weeks with my brother even if I don't draw out but sure would like to have a chance to bag the big one if it happens to come walking by... Good luck!

MontanaN8V
03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
For the price, I always just go for the combo, so you get bird and fishing along with elk and deer. You can buy over-the-counter antlerless tags, I think they are 85 bucks a piece. I usually pic up one or two of those each year. I go up and come back with a load of meat, and we eat that and fish I catch exclusively until it runs out. Might buy a chicken from time to time, but that is what pheasants are for!

cwpro
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
hey montanan8v, I just received my montana combo tags for 2010. I have the name of an outfitter but would like any feedback on putting together a succesful hunt, meat processing etc. if you do not mind. I am going it alone as the others in my party pooped out. thanks cwpro

MontanaN8V
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
I got mine too. What area are you thinking of hunting? I plan on going up in September for bow season, and fishing, then back for Thanksgiving for the rut. Put in for a Deer B tag for antlerless tag for the unit area you are going to hunt, they set aside 10% and you are almost guaranteed to get one. Extra meat. SOme units are putting elk B tags for an additional cow elk too. Not a bad thing, I am definately loading the truck with meat when I go. I process my own meat, and have my own grinder to make burger and sausage, so cannot help ya there much. If you want to hunt the Granite county area of western Montana, I would call Big M outfitters. Bob Hogue is a great guy, and tell him Rich Brockman sent ya. I will be hunting that general area in September.

CRABBY
04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
RICH,I will expect some elk burgers,cuz I'm your very,very very best understanding Bud!!:chowtime:...Don

MontanaN8V
05-05-2010, 02:02 PM
You will be at the top of the list Don. I put in for my second elk tag too, just because.