PDA

View Full Version : Tica Kokanee Reels at Kokaneemart!

kokaneemart.com
03-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I have just added what I think is the best new reel on the market for kokanee fishing!

I had not *carried a fishing reel until now because I was looking for a unique reel with all of the features required for kokanee fishing at an affordable price. These features include being small and lightweight, levelwind, excellent quality, great drag, with a clicker and has enough room to hold over 200 yds of line. The Tica CT 100R is this reel!

Vance Staplin (Vance's Tackle) showed me this Tica Reel and I believe it is the best reel around for kokanee fishing. This reel has a gear ratio of 5.2:1 and weighs only 10 ounces. It has a line retrieve of 18.8 inches per handle return and even comes with a beautiful black foam reel cover to protect it from the elements.

Here is is....
http://store.kokaneemart.com/catalog/Tica%20Caiman%20Reel%206%20BB.JPG

The Tica Caiman CT100R has a one piece aluminum frame for strength and lightness, a great star drag with a clicker, 6 ball bearings for watch like smoothness, a line out alarm (clicker) built into the reel and a soft touch paddle handle. It is a beautiful silver color that will look great on any rod out there. I am have it on sale for $89.95 and I feel it is a great reel at that price. *

Check it out on Kokaneemart.com under the "More Good Stuff" catagory. (And check out a few other categories while you are there!)

Good fishing!

Vance Staplin
03-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Ric,

I'm hearing terrific things about the Tica Caiman reels. So far the response is 100% positive about the newest versions of the Caiman.

Compared to the small Shimano Calcutta the Tica Caiman is $150.00 less, has more ball bearings and a clicker that is incredibly handy for downrigging.

In fact, the Tica Caiman Ct series is about the same price ($89.99) as the well known multi piece (old school technology) Abu C-4. Actually the larger Abu-C4's cost more than the larger Tica Caiman CT 200 (still $89.99) reels. The Tica Caiman CT 200 reels are awesome for Stripers and Halibut.

Don't get me wrong...Both the Shimano and Abu Reels are great reels, but for these prices....Move over Shimano and Abu....

Tica is moving in! ;)

My .02 cents

Vance

gmj
03-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Love my Tica Caiman too---was in use yesterday on Coho's at Oroville.

dogapolluza
03-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I'll chime in on this one too. I agree with the comments about quality and function. I run 2 of them and 2 Garcia's. The Tica's are smoother, great for the downriggers and easier on the pocketbook. I love them!

--Dog

Phish_Phinder
03-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I just got two of the 101 left handed models from Ric today. I cannot wait to get these wet. Build quality seems great and as usual the price, service, and lightning quick delivery from Kokaneemart continues to astound me. :o :)

Thanks Ric!!!

Quentin

kokaneemart.com
08-17-2008, 12:05 PM
We have just added the new Tica Caiman CM 100 reels to our product line. here is the picture of this awesome new reel...

http://store.kokaneemart.com/catalog/Tica%20CM%20100%20Gold-th.JPG

This reel is the Gold Standard and is perfect for kokanee fishing!

Kokaneemart has not carried a fishing reel until now because we were looking for a unique reel with all of the features required for kokanee fishing at an affordable price.

These features include being a small lightweight levelwind, excellent quality, great drag, a clicker and with enough room to hold over 200 yds of line. This reel has all of these qualities and even has an awesome feel due to the fantastic design with 12 ball bearings for amazing smoothness.

Vance Staplin (Vance's Tackle) showed me this Tica Reel and I believe it is the best reel around for kokanee fishing. This reel has a gear ratio of 5.2:1 and weighs only 10.4 ounces. It has a line retrieve of 18.8 inches per handle return and even comes with a beautiful black foam reel cover to protect it from the elements. The Tica Caiman CM 100 has a one piece aluminum frame for strength and lightness, a great star drag with a clicker, 12 ball bearings for Swiss watch like smoothness, a line out alarm (clicker) built into the reel and a soft touch paddle handle.

It is a beautiful Gold color that will look great on any rod out there. It looks especially good and is balanced perfectly on the Kufa, Rogue and Kokaneemart Handmade rods.

Try one this season...for kokanee fishing, it's the Gold Standard!

OUR PRICE: *$119.95

Look for it at www.kokaneemart.com * under the "MORE GOOD STUFF" Category on the leftside *menu .

This reel would make a great gift!

NRSCOUT
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
I Agree...I use both the 100 and 200 series for my guide business. I have purchased all the others over the years...I definitely like the Tica better.

I use the 100 series for Koke,Kings, and Trout. The Tica reel is the only reel that I have purchased that has lasted anytime at all.

If you are looking for a couple of quality reels...you need to give them a try.

I would recommend them to anyone.

NRSCOUT

liter_of_koke
08-21-2008, 08:37 PM
i will have to agree these are fantastic .there is only one thing that could make them a little better . that is a line counter .i ask if they had one with it and was told no. this is just my two cents worth . i realy like mine for all the reasons above. the drag the soothness the amount of line it holds and how lite wieght it is. :) two thumbs up here

Vance Staplin
08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi Liter of koke,

Tica is working on a small line counter reel. They currently have some about the size of a Diawa SG27 and larger in a graghite chassis.

I have been bugging them for over a year now to produce one in the Caiman line but haven't seen anything for 2009. They are beginning to realize how big the Kokanee and trout market is though. They came out with some cool E-glass Kokanee rods for 2009.

Hopefully we will see the Caiman line-counter reels for 2010.

Vance

fishon_gethenet
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I won a Tica Caiman reel and a St. Croix rod a couple of years ago at the Koke tourney at Berryessa. I must admit it's one of the best combos I have for Koke fishing.

mark_sak
01-15-2009, 03:18 PM
This thread got me to purchase one. I just ordered it yesterday and received an email from Ric that it's already being shipped. Also bought the pancake weight and the new DIY hoochie pack. Getting ready for Koke season.

mark

Rockezra
08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Hey Vance & Ric
Any word on that line counter Koke Reel?
Thanks............ I use 2 GJ200 for trolling stripers, awesome reels. waiting to trade in my Daiwa 17 for these Tica's 100's............. Help
Tight lines ............. Rockezra ..........Blue/White Custom Weld 75 Optimax ............

KokeOne
09-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Rockezra,

I wish I had an update for you but I have no word from Tica at this time. I hope Vance will chime in and let us know if we can expect these new reels this Spring. If they are anything like the other Ticas I have carried, I would be proud to have them on the website! Good quality, excellent features and all at a good price. :swimmingfish:

Bloodthirsty
10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Alright...I just bought one with one of there rods.

Bloodthirsty
10-12-2010, 08:08 PM
the day it arrived.....

KokeOne
10-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Robert,

Nice photo and great king! I hope to see you catch many more on your new set-up! :biggrin:

Berryessa Boater
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Hello, I went to your website to view the CT100R, and it mentions the reel only having 3 bearings, your post to begin this thread mentions the reel having "6". Can you post a schematic of the reel, so I can view it's internal workings. I just purchased 4 Abu Garcia 4600 C3's with a "clicker", now you have me wondering if I made the wrong choice.....Mark

Berryessa Kid
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Mark- Not speaking for Ric just my own experience with the Caimans. The CT100 has 6 bearings and is a smooth reel. I found the drag system to be better than the ABU's. I beleive ABU is playing catch-up right now... Try one out I think you will be impressed. That is one of the best prices I have seen them at. Steve.

KokeOne
12-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Mark,

As Steve said, the ABU Garcias are doing as really nice job and I think I'll be adding these to my website list in the Spring. The Tica reels Imentioned earlier in my posts were the CM (12 ball bearing) and the CT (6 ball bearing). Tica has unfortunately discontinued these and the only small reel I can get is the TK (trout / kokanee) which has 3 ball bearings.

It is a very nice reel and comparable to the Garcia but I was more partial to the CM and CT series reels. I understand Tica is coming out with some newones that ae suppose to be even better. I realy loved the Diawa Millionares but those are long gone!