PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of year

C.B._Tackle
12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Hope every body has a great Christmas and the Santa leaves you what you wished for.
Dont forget that Sacramento ISE show is just around the corner Jan 15th to the 18th. Stop by and say Hello :)

fishwithgary
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
And Merry Christmas to you. I look forward to seeing all your new stuff at the Sacramento ISE show.

Gary

C.B._Tackle
12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
fishwithgary
I know that your not a big fan of the uv stuff. I know you have a little intrest in it so be sure to stop in an see whats new this year. We got some things that have I think will be exciting and not many have ever seen befor. Lets make it a great new fishing season and every body get into the fish an have some fun.

fishwithgary
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey CB.
Actually your take on my take about the UV is not quite correct. True fluorescent colors will always react to UV light, and all my stuff is true fluorescent, and therefore all UV. I did a little experiment to see how far UV light can penetrate the water. I simply put an optical green filter in front of my UV light, and it completely shut off the UV light, and no UV material lit up. However, when I put a blue filter on the same UV light, the UV came right on through. That would account for the ocean UV light at deeper depth, but also accounts for the lack of UV in shallow depths in our kokanee lakes (with green water - due to green plankton growth.)

What is marketed today as UV is really just fluorescent, and as such I very much endorse such material. It matters not what the consumer calls it as long as the fish can see it. Even if there is no UV light penetrating the green plankton filter, the true fluorescent colors (marketed as UV) can still be seen at depth which is what matters.

So, I very much look forward to seeing your new stuff. You have always been a good innovator of quality tackle. I look forward to showing you my new stuff also. !! I'll be in booth 3735, same as before, over by the Bass demo tank

Here's to a very Happy New Year's to you and yours my friend. And to a very successful ISE show too.

Gary

C.B._Tackle
12-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Gary,
Glad to see that you are in agreement with me on the fluorescent colors. I have been saying for some time that if I could only have one set of colors I would take fluorescent. But as you well know that all the rest of the colors like UV have there place in the water for fishing and they do work. Why do the work? DOnt know an dont need to find out why they do. I just keep working with this stuff and let the fish tell me what works. But as you do know i use lost of fluorescent colors in my products.
As for the new stuff I think it will set you back in your chair when you see it. It was a exciting to use last year an cant wait for others to get out an try it too. But like always I am not stopping at this. I have to keep pushing to find some thing better.
See you all at the show we are in the same place next to Pro-Cure booth. Gary stop in befor the show and lets swap lies an test our tackle onder the light.

Slim
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Hope every body has a great Christmas and the Santa leaves you what you wished for.
*Dont forget that Sacramento ISE show is just around the corner Jan 15th to the 18th. Stop by and say Hello :)

R U going to the San Mateo Show?

C.B._Tackle
12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Slim,
* I know that I will not be at San Mateo and I dont think any of the other local manufactures will be there either. I have found that due to cost it is not effective to do the show. Hope to see you at the Sac show.

* I will also have some of the new kokanee rods in the booth that we designed last year.

C.B._Tackle
01-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Well the count down is on to the Sacramento show. We are trying to get things finnished up for the show. There will be some exciting new things in our booth this year. As most of you know we came out with a new larger dodger last year, we will have a new color to the line and will have it at the show. Also new colors of hoochies and hoochie things.
We will have a great sale on some of the products too. I am hoping that the new 4" standard dodger sample run will be here for all of you to see also. Look forward to seeing all of you at the show.........

C.B._Tackle
01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Its time to get it all in place and let every body see all the new stuff. Well I know that the Ken, Fish With Gary and my self have been hard at work to bring you some new FISH CATCHING STUFF that we have made and tested here in Calif. to fish well here in our lakes. I was lucky enough to get the package last night that had the samples of the NEW 4" STANDARD DODGER. So I hope that all of you get by to see it and see all the other stuff that is out for this next year.
Oh one last thing......PRAY FOR RAIN TO FILL OUR LAKES
See you all at the show :)