PDA

View Full Version : Elkhorn Great News

crawdaddundee
04-11-2015, 04:37 AM
Sacramento County finally got off a dime and fixed the huge drop-off at the end of the boat ramp. They brought in a 10 wheeler full with 3 to 4 inch cobble and dumped it in the parking lot at the top of the ramp. Then backhoe came and bucket by bucket took it to the bottom of the ramp and dumped it off the edge. When all the rock was in place, the backhoe turned around and smoothed the rock at great angle off to the bottom. I was there yesterday and saw several boats up to 20 ft. launch with no issues. Something to be aware of, about 1 to 2 hundred yards below the yolo boat ramp down river from Elkhorn, smack dab in the middle of the river lives a giant tree that sticks it's ugly head out from time to time. Some days you can see it plainly and others it's just under the surface. Hit that bugger at full speed and it's gonna hurt. You are best off to stay to the right of center towards the wing dams in that area. If you cruse slow through that area you will spot it. It needs a marker bouy badly. So g/l fishing and keep an eye out for mr. fur bag which I also saw there yesterday.

salmonid
04-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Good to hear about the ramp improvement.

crawdaddundee
04-14-2015, 08:14 AM
Launched with ease and pick up perfect yesterday @ Elkhorn.

fishnmike
04-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Good to hear. Went to launch there last year, paid my fee and preped the boat. Then decided to walk down and have a look at the ramp, arrrggggggg. They got my money for the day, maybe that was what they used to fix the ramp. lol

JohnCF7632PW
05-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up.