PDA

View Full Version : Updated UVR Kokes Spring/Winter??

Capt.Ken
05-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Fished UVR the 19th thru the 23rd. *Fish are holding in *10-20 ft. of water. *Hot set ups were as follows.
#1--Our watermelon dodger with the Pink Mini Skirt, also Pink Glow mini skirt.
#2--Our custom painted Super Glow Dodger, again trailed by the pink or pink glow mini skirt.
Also purple and pink mini skirt and the watermelon mini skirt, worked extremely well.
Used Pro Cures Killer Korn Dye for the pink corn, *Also did some corn with Por Cures Bad Azz Color Blast UV liquid bait dye in Hot Pink, This korn had a redish purple color and with its uv flashed seemed to be phenomenal. *Used Pro Cure's scents in Anise and Garlic.

Capt. Ken

Now's a great time to book a Kokanee and/or Mackinaw Trip at UVR!!!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6270/img1180jk2.jpg

metalmouth
05-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Run some side by side comparison tests and let us know if you think the Bad Azz is really better than the Killer Dye. With your hoochies we are limiting out in an hour or less but maybe we could cut that in half? ;D

Don

JMat
05-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe my next time out I'll get a chance to try something other than the pink mini skirt and custom painted Super Glow Dodger. But that dodger mini skirt combo killed 'em last time I was there. Glad to see it's still the go to set up.

JMat

Capt.Ken
05-25-2008, 04:13 PM
MM Don't be in such a hurry to catch fish. You have got to slow down and enjoy some time on the water. ;D
Here's my thoughts. The Bad Azz uv liquid bait dye, dyes the corn more of a purple/red color (the bottle says magenta) soooooo is it the color? Is it the UV in the dye? Who knows but the fish. But I will run some side by side comparisons and will post more on the subject later. Since we are on the vendor board. I will say and give testimony that Pro Cure is #1 for me. Their products just flat out perform anything else that I have used.

Capt. Ken

metalmouth
05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Ken,

I agree that Pro Cure is rocking the fishing world, except I use Smelly Jelly Anise for my Kokanee scent. *::) I do use the rest of their oil scents and I use both the Killer Korn Dye and the Killer Korn Magic on every batch of shoe peg I make up! The combo from Procure has been incredible for years but . . . UV dye is something that's been on my mind. I'm not sure what I'll do with the 6 bottles of Killer Dye I have if you say the other stuff out fishes it. *:-/

Your new Miniskirts are certainly rocking the Kokanee world as well!

Thanks,

Don

Capt.Ken
05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I think that the Killer Korn dye has a lighter pink color that could be the ticket at other times. But purple is starting to be just as hot as the pink colors. So, maybe we need to add UV splash to the Killer Korn dye. Then run the test.

Capt. Ken

metalmouth
05-25-2008, 04:35 PM
What would we use for the UV splash?

Capt.Ken
05-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Pro Cure makes a scent free UV flash gel. We could add this to the dyed scented corn.

metalmouth
05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I didn't know but I'll be ordering some when I get back from AK!

fishnvrnuff
05-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm confused.... how is this relevant to the vendors board? shouldn't it be in the freshwater side?

Capt.Ken
05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
fishnvrnuff--We have been told that we cannot post on the other boards iif we are going to talk about our products or products that we use and sell. I am trying to stay on the right side of our wonderful moderaters, so we only post generic posts on the other boards and go into more detail on what tackle etc. we have been using here.
Hope this helps with your confusion.

Thanks
Capt. Ken and Crew

fishnvrnuff
05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
makes sense. I guess there is a thin line between talking about products and giving a good fishing report with tackle used ;)

Makes sense in this case if its your own tackle you were useing