PDA

View Full Version : The first two fish of the year

Yearroundfisherman
01-12-2016, 07:38 PM
My dad and I along with a buddy of ours decided to go explore Suisun for some fishing spots because we've never had the right boat for it before. As soon as we got there we located some feeding dinos and a school of stripers but we kept moving. we ended up in front of the duck club but the current was not working with us there so we moved back up. Found a nice 30 foot hole full of fish so we threw everything we had at them. hooked up with the first sturgeon on my phenix after a year and was happy with the behavior of the rod. It came in at 36 inches so it was released.
Then, as the light started to fade the stripers began to break the surface so I tied on a LV500 on to my uglystik and handed it to my dad because the majority of the blowups were behind him. He picked up a nice 27 inch striper on his third cast on the shore which came home with us.
All in all it was one hell of a day out there. Nice and calm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2DATSyzKx8

Hooked408
01-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Nice catch bro. Phenix black diamond? what model?

Yearroundfisherman
01-12-2016, 10:03 PM
7-6 moderate heavy 15 to 40 pound raded
Its powerfull!

Sent from some body of water

brokea--boater
01-13-2016, 07:09 AM
What was "everything you had"? and what got bit? Splashing tomorrow at greylite at Antioch for the first trip of the new year. I'm hoping for the local bait guy gets out for grass shrimp by then,,,gregg

Yearroundfisherman
01-13-2016, 09:33 AM
I had 3 differently cured salmon eggs and fresh eel along with blood worme. The ghost shrimp did it though.

Sent from some body of water

MoMoney
01-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Very nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tortuga
01-16-2016, 08:34 AM
Congrats on an awesome day on the water!!!
See you out there
tortuga