PDA

View Full Version : Paddling Pyramid 2/10

borntoscout
02-11-2016, 11:18 AM
My friend Steve and I traveled to the desert lake Wednesday to try our luck from kayaks. It was Steve's first visit to Pyramid and only the second or third time fishing from a kayak. He caught three fish in the first 15 minutes as we paddled from near Warrior to the Willows. The action slowed as we left the concentration of fish behind. We fished for a few hours in the morning and again in the afternoon, boating nine fish total with the largest being a color full Summit Lake fish about 25 inches. Steve had a hit by a powerful fish that threatened to spool his bass casting outfit before it became unhooked. We trolled a Basspro Little Cleo knockoff in glow green and white and 4 inch LC Pointers, mostly top lining in water 10 to 70 feet deep.

SteelHunter
02-11-2016, 11:30 AM
wow, that sounds like an awesome trip...and from the back of a kayak.

really cool

Captain Compassion
02-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Excellent. You certainly picked a nice day to paddle around. Good that you got your buddy on some nice LCT, Thanks for the post.

CC

Goldencarp
02-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Nice to have such a great day! That is a beautiful lake to fish. My wife and I are looking for property to put a house on in the Palomino Valley area so we can fish Pyramid any time we want.