PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Pond

Wolf74
02-16-2016, 07:08 PM
I was thinking about heading out to the pond tomorrow. The Sac Bee was saying that just recently planted a bunch both in the pond and main river but I haven't seem too many post of folks fishing the pond lately. Anybody been out there at all? The lake seems to be going off the hook, so if I head out I'll move around until I find the action. Any info though? (on the pond)

Kos2sok
02-17-2016, 03:07 AM
I think it was the fishing report in the sac bee that said they planted a ton of trout in the pond and the lake for the holiday last weekend. I'm going to try and head out there next weekend myself. Figured it would be a nice day trip and good spot for my gf's kid to get some fishing time in. I bought my gf a fishing rod for Christmas as I'm trying to get her addicted to fishing. Lucky I got her some other things too so the evil eye I got when she opened her gift didn't turn out so bad. Hopefully she can get her first fish. Woot!!!

Waterdog
02-17-2016, 06:52 AM
They have been planting weekly both the lake and pond for a couple months. There's lots of fish in Camanche, you just have to catch them.

saccountyfish
02-17-2016, 04:57 PM
I was there Monday (02.15.16) at the Trout pond; No Luck. The only hot spot is on the side where all the RV's and Trailer are parked at. Especially right between the two trees. You'll know where I'm talking when you get there. There a lot of people standing there. It's the first left turn after paying at the gate. Everyone was using trout magnet and stripping off the ball on it. Only use the part that looks like a worm. Yellow, grey and pink seem to be the favorite color.

But I did manage to catch a trout at the lake.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160218/48e448f4beeeea73602fe6358c38217b.jpg

CAL.NDN
02-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Good job nice fish

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

JC2133
02-18-2016, 11:54 AM
I was there a few weeks ago and got there around 8ish. The pond area was very busy by that time. The beach area as I like to call it, is usually the hot spot and will fill up fast with anglers. My son and I were left to fish by the docks. We were only there for a few hours and not a single bite.

Kos2sok
02-23-2016, 05:44 PM
They are dumping another 1200 lbs of trout in the pond this weekend.