PDA

View Full Version : Finished this seasons Ditch Chicken in a downpour

brokea--boater
03-14-2016, 05:35 PM
My wife and I and my son messed around too long this year filling our cards. We had just one bird to go but my son had 10. We couldn't go Sat. when there was a break in the WX, so we went Sunday. Woke up to rain and it never really stopped, but what ya gonna do. Luckily it turned out a lot of guys bailed and there was a low turn out. Fields were flooded and all the roads were closed on the property. Perfect for us, we walked the ditches and on the muddy banks of the fields and dogs were on fire. Got the needed birds and had bloody marys and a mid-day breakfast at the Point in Rio Vista. A first for me wearing waterfowl Gore Tex Pheasant hunting,,,gregg

salmonid
03-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Nice to see the family that hunts together.

Are you going to target Spring Turkeys this year?

brokea--boater
03-15-2016, 05:40 AM
Nice to see the family that hunts together.

Are you going to target Spring Turkeys this year?
I really hope to, I have access to some private land outside of Redding that's holding birds. The owner is selling it and this will be the last season for me to enjoy it,,,gregg

salmonid
03-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Right on. A friend of mine also has private land and the numbers of turkeys are insane this year. Maybe they are not affected by drought? He's got over 100 birds at his place, so maybe I'll give it a "shot" this year as well.

Take care,

Spinner
03-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Right on. A friend of mine also has private land and the numbers of turkeys are insane this year. Maybe they are not affected by drought? He's got over 100 birds at his place, so maybe I'll give it a "shot" this year as well.

Take care,

Sal, Give me a crack at 'em!