PDA

View Full Version : Clarksburg: Gutted Bayliner adrift

mchao88
08-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Put-in at Clarksburg this morning in search of some chrome and gain some more experience. Set the drift and started casting spinners and jigging lazer minnows at around 7. I drifted a couple of miles down river from the launch and noticed a bayliner from afar docked in an awkward area. As I moved closer I noticed the motor was completely gutted and the interior weathered. I'm sure a few, if not many, have seen this but I wasn't sure if anyone's posted this. I figured if it were someone who were attempting to fix up a recent purchase, they might be on the look out for it. Not sure how long this boat difted along the river. Here's the location relative to the Clarksburg launch and some reference photos.

dsa2780
08-07-2016, 08:56 AM
That's been there for about 2 weeks now. Lots of random tweaker boats and people dumping their old rigs after gutting them out here, there was a really big cabin cruiser gutted over in Courtland a month ago, by the Freeport water tower, there was a small boat for awhile, and that tweaker house boat that was anchored up around the bend before Freeport for a year finally was sunken a few months back.

There are a few sunken sailboats around Hood and Clarksburg as well.

Waterdog
08-07-2016, 10:50 AM
There are abandoned, half sunk boats all over the delta, it's disgusting. I know most of the identification is removed from them. I wish the sheriffs department would make an effort to identify the last registered owner, fine them and charge them for cost to remove the hulks. The one shown in your photo still has the cf numbers, that would be easy to id the owner. And even if the boat was stolen it is still up to the owner and their insurance to remove that thing.

doorhanger
08-07-2016, 05:09 PM
even if they remove the cf #s there is almost always an hin (hull id) # stamped in the hull. DH

mchao88
08-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Very interesting. Much thanks all!!!

Must Fish
08-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Hey that boat helps mark one of my fishing holes!

Rockit73
08-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Report drifting/sunken/abandoned boats and hazards to the Sac Sheriff Marine Detail .... (916)875-0493 ... not a 24 hr line, but leave a message with all the details. CF # and GPS coordinates are great if you can get them.

This is one of those squeaky wheel = grease type things.... the more calls and complaints from the public, the more resources are devoted to it.

CDK
08-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Anyone know a way to get rid of a couple of junkers. there are a lot of parts that can be salvaged. I am too old to do that kind of thing any more.:old:

Ba_reefer
08-18-2016, 11:57 AM
crazy ppl dumping all over