PDA

View Full Version : Suisun Marsh

SteelyMan
10-31-2016, 05:24 PM
Took the boat out for a little ride yesterday around Suisun Slough,,,,,NOTHING Anywhere,,, no Coots, no ducks no nothing.

Waterdog
12-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Hey SteelyMan, I think you were out there a little early to see much waterfowl. 3 of us went out around Montezuma slough and the bay a couple days ago and were back to the dock with limits by 9:30. Mostly goldeneyes, blue bills and a few others like buffleheads, teal, a widgeon and a green head. At least early morning lots of birds and lots of shooting. I think if you can make it out when we have some weather like this Thursday you will see a lot of ducks.

SteelyMan
12-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Didn't see your post until now,,,,,sounds like you hit it just right...Hunted CWA Grizzly Ranch property last saturday and boy and i shot a limit. Mostly Green Wings. Going to take the boat out sometime over the weekend so i will post after.

Waterdog
12-31-2016, 07:42 AM
Looking forward to your report. Use to hunt that area a lot but don't get a chance to go out there much anymore since my hunting partner is ill and can't go any more and I prefer not to hunt it alone. Good luck out there. Be safe.

SteelyMan
01-02-2017, 02:50 PM
well never made it out for ducks,,family time comes first....Did go up to Quail Point to let the Springer hunt up some birds, he did good and it was a nice time in the field.

Waterdog
01-02-2017, 03:57 PM
You still have almost a month to make it out there. I have hunted that area for 30 years and have found the best shooting is generally in January especially if we get weather. The next week looks like some great duck weather coming in.
Since I haven't hunted ducks much thus season I have been hunting a lot of pheasant at my club (Hastings Is.) Just love watching my lab work.