PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Ranch

sean_mcguire
11-05-2008, 04:46 PM
went out to Gibson ranch last weekend and got SKUNKED!! :'(
i was out there around 10:00 till about 6:45.
the whole time around 2:45 to 4:30 i was getting bites like crazy.
but the thing is they were small ones that were grabbing the ends of the bait and pulling it off. so every time i went to set the hook...nothing. :(
aaahhh it sucked big time.
well ill probably be out there again in a couple of weeks.
i know ill definitely be out there when they stock it with trout ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
11-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Gibson has always had tons of the lil bait stealers, ultra light gear will get 'em

Junebug1964
11-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I thought they put trout in that pond allready? JT

sean_mcguire
11-24-2008, 08:32 AM
nope i havent heard any thing from fish and game lately.
i have been calling them but they haventgot to that park yet. :'(
so im just waiting ::)

sean_mcguire
12-20-2008, 10:20 AM
doing this for practice ;D

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/fish51.jpg

Danyal
01-02-2009, 01:32 AM
where is gibson ranch?

Phinger28
01-02-2009, 02:24 AM
8552 Gibson Ranch Rd, Elverta, CA 95626. Watt c/s Elverta

sean_mcguire
01-02-2009, 09:33 AM
to add onif you are bad with directions like me, and get lost all the time. ;)
you go to the wal-mart on elverta, and from that wal-mart there is a road that gos straight down and i t looks rural. so then you go down pass the golf course on the right, and it is like right after that and it will say Gibson Ranch.
hope you find your way. ;D

Danyal
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
wow, thats only 25 min from my house, cool. what all is there? how big are the fish?

sean_mcguire
01-03-2009, 08:00 AM
well i caught a pretty nice one from there, but i have also caught babies too.(catfish)
they have carp, bluegill, and bass. they also have animals. :P
so just bring lite gear. like 4 pound test and small hooks.
oh and bring a net you dont want to do what did.
and you will find out if you dont bring one. ;)

Danyal
01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
ah, slip off the bank and fall in the water? do i just drive up to it?

Bigg A
01-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Even though gibson isnt on the list of places to be stocked with cats on a regular basis during the summer, me and a friend of mine got lucky and got to fish it one night. A park worker let us fish until he finished his paperwork. Back then we would catch big cats ranging from 2-12#'s, good for the table [smiley=chowtime.gif]. When they use to stock it, we would catch most of the cats about an hour and a half to two hours before the sun sets. They would also POUND your rod during the wet months of January and February. A couple of guys I met at wal-mart told me that gibson was there backyard and they would nail nice catfish in the middle of the night. I use to fish it pretty often since i only stay 5 minutes from there, but since they quit stocking it, I can find other places to go for cats.

sean_mcguire
01-05-2009, 09:32 AM
well they have parking. but you have to pay 5 dollars to get in, but they do have a spot were you can just walk in and dont have to pay.

well i didnt slip in i went to pull him on the dock and my line snapped and i lost him.
he was at leas 2 pounds. ;D
well... hope you catch something....you will, just use nightcrawlers. put like 2 on there though because they like alot and you will get a bite in a
matter of 45 min.