PDA

View Full Version : Perc Ponds 12/17

UltraFace
12-18-2008, 12:37 AM
i fished for carp for a little while using a soggy bread and flour mixture with some strawberry kool aid. ive never caught a carp before and today was no different so i dont know that this bait was effective at all. i fished for carp about from 2pm to 5, my bell rang a little once but i dont even know if that was a pickup. i did see a dead carp floating around tho lol.

i dont know if im ready to go all out and start using hair rigs and boilies but ive really been having bad luck with carp, tho i understand this isnt the best time for them.

Carpopath
12-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Now its cold they slow down and feed a LOT less and for shorter times, so unless your fishing a small place thats packed with em you have to put more time and effort in to get a few :)

UltraFace
12-18-2008, 09:19 AM
that pond is pretty small and actually i do see quite a few carp there, every time i go i usually see one or a few swimming around, but i didnt start fishing for them until late fall so i havent experienced the good times.

Carpopath
12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
They sometimes have places they like to hang around but dont always feed there, you sometimes have to try and find where they feed and thats where the work comes in ;)