PDA

View Full Version : Late report 5/20 miller park

blueice66
05-23-2017, 03:27 AM
Launch out of miller park on Saturday..... let's just say it was a mad house. Trucks and trailers was getting stuck left and right. One guy even pop his tranny trying to pull out his boat. Honestly I thought his little suv was way under power to be pulling his boat. I'm not sure what boat it was but it was 20'+ with a cuddy cabin. I wouldn't recommend anyone launching out of there for now without 4x4 and off road tires. Ok let's get to the report! after the launch we headed to our spot and drop down some jig heads. 5 minutes in landed a nice fatty! Action kept going on and off til about 10am. Then it was slim pickings til about 2 when we pulled the plug and headed in. We ended up with 30 fish for 4 person. Most of our fish came on the pink grub with a few on chartreuse with a 1/32 jig head and a lot of split shot lol. Next time I'm going to bring 1&2oz weights because the water was ripping.

salmonid
05-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Sounds like a good shad trip except for the poor ramp conditions.

BigUnInDaBoat
05-23-2017, 09:00 AM
I saw a guy in a 4x4 dodge stuck on the miller ramp during a KCRA live broadcast. When I saw what was going on, my first thought was "why in the hell is that guy backed so far into the water!" Then a guy with a towing strap entered the picture, and it made sense. I thought to myself what an idiot...but I guess the ramp conditions had something to do with it :D

njdnn
05-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Nice report