PDA

View Full Version : Rossmoor Shad

bwhiting1990
05-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone was having any luck over at Rossmoor. I have been over there a couple of times and still had no luck but I have been hearing that people are pulling them out over there.

toomanyhobbies
05-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Went for a ride a few nights ago and there were lots of guys with empty buckets.

toomanyhobbies
05-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Very few people keep shad from what I see, but there are many more gear people on the river now. If you are using a spinning rod you can still use a Bloody Maria fly pattern with a bobber set up. Just make sure you are on or close to the bottom as it drifts below you. Get the ones tied with UV on the tail and head it helps. Size 6, 12, or 10
Better if you just give up the gear and go fly/spey set up.

No doubt, I'm one who doesn't keep them. These were folks that typically do and do it well. Did see the local Warden out and about checking people too.

QueenAnnesRevenge
05-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Wfo this morning before rafters
Pink and champagne

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bwhiting1990
05-29-2017, 02:16 PM
Went out this morning and skunked. my buddy caught 2 out at rossmoor. we tried over by hazel and he ended up with 4 there. still skunked for me though. Thanks for everyones input. I'm hoping to check shad of the species caught list.