PDA

View Full Version : Catfish in Lake merced SF

jshatara
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know or has fished for cats in lake merced. I heard they had big ones in there, but have'nt seen one yet.

MB_Kevin
08-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Same here. I have heard story's but have not actually seen it. I have seen huge carp!

GT
08-26-2008, 08:07 PM
There are huge catfish in the North Lake. I've seen pictures in the past. Very few people target them so that's why none really get reported. If I recall correctly, the go to bait was cut mackerel. Fish by the tulles and you’ve got a good shot at the whiskers.

SneakAttack
08-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Last year, I "accidentally" caught one while targeting trout. Wasn't huge, but I figure anything over 1 lb in Merced is nice :D

They are there, waiting.........

SA

MB_Kevin
09-01-2008, 12:46 AM
I have to give that lake more attention. I usually don't get skunked there just nothing to special. I remember one time Panfish popper and I went there for about an hour on Friday and got a couple of small bass. Then Saturday we got up and drove about an hour to Chabot and payed how ever much to fish there. Spent about 6 hours hiking around the crowds and got skunked. I was thinking we would have probably done better just driving 5 min to merced and fishing for a couple of hours for free. ::)

jshatara
09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Master Baiter, let me know before you go out there one day. I'll try for cats, but mainly target bass in that lake.