PDA

View Full Version : Where to go first 88 or 50

GoneCountry
08-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone, been a while. Retired and relocated. Near Mormon emigrant Trail . Havent really fished much all year due to the move. But here I am. Where do I go for some trout brookies cuts

LURKER916
08-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Do a search for Capt Compassion on the boards. The Capt is the man around them parts.

I went last week up to Walker, water was high, and fished the East and West Carson. Was day before the plants so I got 3 small fish.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain Compassion
08-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Wish I could be of more help. There are some stockers in Silver and Caples but they are small. Haven't been doing much on the Carson. Alpine County may stock this week. Both forks are a little high on the Carson but are OK if they are no big storms. Welcome to retirement. Hope you are feeling OK.

CC

MKE
08-09-2017, 06:04 AM
The Cutts and Brookies are plentiful around here. If you want a good day you're going to have to 4 wheel and then hike. Otherwise Red Lake has some Cutts with Brookies in the creek.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Fish-on
08-09-2017, 07:06 PM
I always did pretty well at Red Lake but haven't fished it in over 5 years. The only trout I never caught in that lake was a lake trout. There used to be cutts in there to. Panther martins and kastmasters were the ticket back then. Or powerbait if that works for you