PDA

View Full Version : collins lake?

jaysimu
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Headed up there camping from sunday till thursday. Has anyone been there lately. who can give me some advise and water conditions. Thank you.

jtk25
07-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Haven't heard much from that area but look here:

http://www.collinslake.com/index.php

Also check sacbee.com on Thursday and see if they wrote it up.

All the baits should work. Try Elmers cove, the dam area, and the bridge area. There are some huge ones in there.

MB_Kevin
07-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the link jtk25
I may have to go check it out sometime. Looks like it is designed to work around the fishermen there and No Jet skis.

jtk25
07-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Her's the link to the Sacbee report. Sounds like it may be pretty good for the kitties.

http://www.sacbee.com/384/story/1106464-p4.html

MB I love this lake, good rainbow and brown action in the fall to spring and big cats in the heat of the summer. Throw in bass and moster crapie (caught a 4 lber some years back trolling for trout) the lake is a fishermans paridise when the bite is on.

MB_Kevin
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Cool I might seriously check it out. I have been camping at lake Berryessa for over 15 years but I guess they are closing it mostly all down this year. I think alot of the resorts might have already been closed. I know Berryessa well and always have good luck there but I guess it is time to find a new lake. It looks like this lake has camping right on the water like at berryessa.

jtk25
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Closing the camping at Berryessa? What's going on with that situation? I never fished Berryessa until 2 years ago for kokes, but it seemed to have nice emenities and all species of fish. It would be too bad to loose the semi close fun, it was becoming my wake up and go with no panning lake like Folsom used to be when I was a kid.

MB_Kevin
07-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Im not clear on the details but I have been hearing about it for years and I guess they are doing it. I think they closed alot of the main resorts like Spanish flats :'( I think the state is taking it over or something. They might be reopening them but not sure. >:( I hate it because I always fish and camp there.

In_the_hot_spot76
07-26-2008, 07:59 AM
The water is real hot,go deep! From late feb. to end of may this lake is a fantasy lake for big bows, browns, bass, crappie,and cats.If you go deep near the dam you can still yank in the hogs this time of year,if your bank fishing,do yourself a service and wait for cooler temps.Open camping is a plus for all night fishing as well!!!Stay away from elmers cove,thats my hood!!!