PDA

View Full Version : Clear lake

NorKalkiller
07-12-2008, 11:51 AM
heading up to clear lake for cats n bass will post back on tuesday hope the bites good

MB_Kevin
07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Good luck. *Take some pic's.

NorKalkiller
07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
well... i fished snag or shag rock area in 20 26ft of water with cut bait n live craw 5 hours 1 nite for nothing i also fished long tule point in 20 to 23 ft with live jumbo minnows and cut bait also for nothing darn lake is 2 vast caught 3 bass on a buzz bait big fish 5.14lb great weather water was awsome in soda bay o well maybe next time

knotgillty
07-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't do better on the catfish NKK. We were there overnight on the 12th taking in a concert and catching cats. Shag rock is only a couple miles from Konocti. There was an outdoor concert at Konocti Saturday night. You should have swung by, anchored up, and listened to some music while you fished.

What cut bait were you using?

NorKalkiller
07-18-2008, 07:03 AM
we were going between dead minows and sardinens couldnt get ahold of any shad all in all still was a good trip water was nice weather was nice i hear the catfishing is at its prime in spring

knotgillty
07-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Catfishing is good in the spring at Clear Lake. *However, my favorite time at that lake is in the fall(Sept-Oct). *The winds often die down, there is little traffic on the lake, and the cats are fairly predictable.

During the summer, I focus on 8 to 17 feet deep for 95% of my catfishing at Clear Lake. *We catch a few deeper fish, and a few shallower fish, but the numbers (at least for me) come from the depths mentioned above in the areas I fish.

MB_Kevin
07-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't feel bad. Panfish Popper and I went to the catfish derby there last year and I was hoping for a winning fish and we got totally skunked. It was very windy and it messed up our plans a little. We did get one about an hour after it ended. To small to matter anyways.