PDA

View Full Version : Carp question

sacfishinfool
07-08-2008, 09:37 AM
What is the best time of day to fish for carp?

keith_thompson
07-08-2008, 09:48 AM
urge best time of day is of course when they are feeding!!!! Now the hard part - establishing when they are feeding. This is a complete variable, eg two weeks ago at San Antonio Lake on the Friday we were catching early in the morning and late afternoon, and the evening. Saturday we caught steadily through the morning until noon, we backed off fishing due to the heat and not catching the afternoon before, we did not catch another carp until Sunday afternoon.

I have had carp feeding in the morning in one spot on Clear Lake and the next day they did not feed at all.

Generally mornings and evenings are good this time of year, but it reallydepends on your specific water.

Hope this anecdotal info helps.

BIG_ONE
07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
they'll bite all day long, kinda slowing off during 9-11am, but from early morning like 4am-8am they bite like crazy, and slow off from there on till 1 or 2pm, slowly hitting from here to there, and then from 4pm and down starting to go wild again, and believe it or not it'll bite all nite long, right when the sunset and you see that bright sun light hit the water, perfect timing ;)

sacfishinfool
07-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Thank you!

surge
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Usual I fish for carp and like any other fish in the morning or evening that is from 6am to 11am or from 6pm to 9pm, because thats when the boats are not making so much noise"talking about he skiers". Carp are very spooky fish, keep that in mind. If you chum the carp and the spot is nice and quite, then you can catch carp all day long. This is from my expertise.

Florin
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
If you bowfish then any time is good make shure to use polaried amber glases.

addicted2Daiwa
07-10-2008, 07:39 AM
I myself personally think carp do better if there's no loud noises. You can produce bites all day long if there's no noise level but I tend to sight fish for carp. When I see a group of carp, especially in the wetlands where I fish, I'll get on a tree to check where they are and start dumping loads of bread with honey to gain their trust, almost like feeding kois in a pond. Then when they start feeding, I jump down, run to my rods, cast out lightly and the fun will last all day regardless of the time of day. :D

Florin
07-10-2008, 08:05 AM
I get about 12 if I fish by myself the with the kids only 2 or 3 carp are spooky just wear blue shirts walk softly and be quiet and ylu will get them.
I fish drain canals from rice fields and drive until I find them feeding stop cach a few them moove to the next spot.
Look for canals like the ones by Robins 1Mi east and Knights Landings by the boat ramp.
If you check the water pumps on both sides of the by-pass just drive and look for good water.

BIG_ONE
07-11-2008, 01:51 AM
you'll catch carp even if there is noise believe it or not, went fishing some time ago, had around 30-40 cruise boat came by, GIGANTIC WAVES, getting hits like crazy everytime a wave comes in :o ;D

MB_Kevin
07-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I have noticed that. I am thinking the darn boat driving by making waves is scaring my fish away when BAM it goes off with a fish. I wonder why that is.

BIG_ONE
07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Maybe the baits lift off from the bottom and they see it from the distance and come after it? ;D

MB_Kevin
07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
That could be. I have noticed it when bobber fishing for Bluegills or something to. Maybe it makes the worm start jigging up and down to attract them to.

Carpopath
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
waves going towards or along a bank move the silt/debris on the bottom which exposes food items naturally so boats etc have the same effect, on places where they are used to seeing boats they arnt going to be as edgy as when someone dumps one of those 150mph bass boats in the local pond ;D.
However when you see a group of carp lurking near the edge tread heavily and theyll usually go if they dont theyll still be more cautious of feeding another one that is the best way to make sure your spot is devoid of fish is hammering in pole holders and tubes ;)