PDA

View Full Version : Lake Oroville Question?

fish_feeder32
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I was wondering if any sniffers have any reports for catfish on lake oroville? I will be going up to oroville this friday and will be there for 2 weeks. I have never fished this lake before and was wondering if there are some good spots for catfish. Any tips or info will be greatly apreciated. Thank you.

fish_feeder32
07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Well I guess no sniffers have been out there lately. I will have to leave a report when I get back. :)

MB_Kevin
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Hope to see some good pic. Good Luck

striperkid
07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
everytime ive bassed fished oroville usualy 2 or 3 times a year i always see cats around the 3to4 pound range in the coves never fished for them so cant give a bait to use but i know the coves hold them ive been in and out of alot of places seems like they are all over the lake

partner
07-10-2008, 07:27 AM
The far left ramp is open at the spillway. *smoke is real bad. you can see for less then a mile today. *We did not fish it was just to smokey. *good luck

partner

fish_feeder32
07-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the info striperkid. I will look in the coves for those cats and throw a variety of baits at them. Thank you partner for the report on the smoke in that area It sounds pretty bad up there. I hope they have some luck on getting those darn fires under controll. I will be up there helping my brother in law cut a fire break aroud his property and a couple of his neighbors proprty. And then installing a fire sprinkler system on the outside of his house.