PDA

View Full Version : Delta Carp -how I catch carp and cats in the delta

cubzzz
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I am new to this site but I will give you my secret for catching carp and cats in the delta. *I chum with Old Roy dog food from Walmart. *Get a 5 Gal bucket fill it 1/2 with dog food and 1/2 with hot water. *Let it sit for a hour. *Use your hands and mash it up so it looks like oatmeal - then through handfull of the dog food out were you are going to fish. *We chum with frozen corn also. *We put about 3 handfulls of dog food *out every hour and one handfull of corn. *We catch about a dozen carp and 2 dozen cats on every trip. *We use corn for bait with no weight but if the current is fast we use a slider sinker. *This has been working for years and the carp are big 15 to 20 lbs. *Give it a try!!!

We catch about 7 cats for every carp - it takes about 2 hours for the chum to bring the cats and carp in. I have had bass fisherman tell me that we have a huge amount of fishin in the place we chummed. They can see them on the fish finders and they tell me that the fish are huge- (carp) - the cats get to be about 3 to 4 lbs but the carp are over 20. I will try the hair raiser rigs the next time I go to the delta.

Jeff

sacfishinfool
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
You catch cats on CORN??

Globetrouter
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I'll vouch for the cats on corn thing. My friends still get a kick out that. I'll have to try out the dog food chum thing sometime. Thanks for the tip!

Carpopath
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
try this with a size 6-8 hook with the corn on a hair, youll still get the cats ;D

sacfishinfool
07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
That is amazing! I remember when I was a kid we fished at this place called Mauntak Lake out in Missouri and caught tons of trout on corn, but I never knew it would work on cats and carp too.

Does it work good? I mean, do you catch big ones on it?

BIG_ONE
07-08-2008, 09:00 AM
it works just fine, i still can't choose it over cornmeal dough ;D ;D ;)

Carpopath
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Wrap the dough around the hair rigged corn, if it goes soft or comes off youve still got bait on, similar to paylake style baits or method feeder. Replace corn for prepared maize it'll stay intact longer also try using cut off bits of pepparami.