PDA

View Full Version : Port 5-31

dbass
06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
My son and went out to the port after his baseball game, didn't really expect to slayem, we got frozen shad, frozen clams and nightcrawlers. We fished near the Jefferson blvd bridge, threw out one pole with a frozen shad, and one with the worms, nope nada, after a 1/2 hr a put a piece of clam on the worm pole and within 60 second BAM fishon 12" cat, reeled in the shad pole added some clams and went to truck to get some beverages, son says there was bite on the shad pole, I say set the hook, BAM fishon, this one appears to be giving him some trouble, he brings it in and its 14"er. The bite died short after, I did noticed the tide has dropped alot, for the hour we were there, it was nice just being out there with him. We plan on hitting Folsom next week 8-)

fisherFREAKking
06-04-2008, 11:10 PM
when the water drop u should hab went after bass ;)

jtk25
06-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey Dbass,

Where did you guys park at and how far did you have to walk? I used to go down there all the time, but I have been hearing rumors that you can't park anywhere anymore with out getting chased out or ticketed by Yolo County Sheriff's or West Sac PD. We used to pull off right at the bridge on Enterprise and follow the levee to a not so crowded or rowdy spot. We really miss it but the hassle isn't worth a few cats. If anyone has had any first hand knowledge of the parking situation down there let us know.

Fishordie
06-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I had an encounter out there with sac p.d about a month ago. An off duty cop rudely told me to get the hell out of there. I did not and he called me in. The officer who responded was pretty laid back and respectful. He told me that they are now enforcing the ban on motorized vehicles due to port security however in light of the fact that they had not been enforcing it they were currently giving out warnings but had the option of impounding your vehicle and writing a $500.00 ticket. Fishing the port is convienant since you can park where you fish but it's not productive enough to risk an impounded car and $500 fine

Steve_J.
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Yea, I just read that yesterday in the CA Vehicle Code. It's a misdemeanor to park or drive on any levee without written permission from the controlling agency for that waterway.

dbass
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Whoa fellas, there plenty of legal parking at port, if off Jefferson right as you cross the bridge on your right. You can walk to where ever you want, but we were fishing near the bridge and we travelled only about a hundred yards. Its no overnight fishing. Its sucks when you been fishing a place ( since 1968) and they take it away from you :'( :'(

fisherFREAKking
06-10-2008, 08:25 PM
striper there goonaa suck this year ahha welpz i have my bike ready 4 it ahha ;D