PDA

View Full Version : Bowman Lake Road Condition

panther
07-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to drive to Bowman Lake? I'm pretty sure that earlier in the year the road was not passable.

ampm
07-24-2018, 07:18 PM
I heard Bob Simms show last Saturday, he tried and found it still closed a few miles from the lake. Dont remember if he said washed out or rock slide.

fishfilA
07-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Road is washed out at the creek crossing maybe a mile from Bowman. With 4wd and a bit of skill you can make it through the washout though and continue on. Saw somebody do it successfully in a Subaru WRX last week- that was interesting!

panther
07-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks, ampm and FishfilA. I think I'll go elsewhere where access is much easier. Advice was very helpful...appreciate it.

UsualSuspect
07-27-2018, 08:03 AM
You can reach Bowman by way of Jackson Meadows Reservoir. The last 4.5 miles before Bowman is ROUGH. I did it in June without engaging 4-wheel drive. It's a very rocky drive. If it rained and the rocks were wet, you would probably need 4-wheel to get out.

Gene St. Denis
07-31-2018, 05:55 AM
4 friends just got back from a week in at Bowman Lake and Fonchere Lake just past it. The road was ruff as usual (and it keeps out the riff raft ) the fishing and camping was Great ! Browns and Rainbows were netted almost every day 1 to 8 pounds !! :fish_jumps: A couple days were slow however, the hard hitting days in the early mornings Paid off for them . The Hugh Slash's in the nite time darkness kept them spurned on for fishing the next day ! Take Bug repellent as they are thick like the fish that are consuming them . :swimmingfish: Cheers ! :sherlock:Geno