PDA

View Full Version : Crab Opener Tomales

MoMoney
11-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Well guys I can tell you where the crab are not lol.I Left Tracy friday at 530pm to head to the Tomales zoo for the opener.We arrived 830pm to find only 2 parking spots.My 25yo son and I got to hang out and BS till midnight while drinking a few coors lights and kept warm with our MR buddy heater :).Boats were launching between 10 and 12 midnight and a few of us waited till morning.Well anyways it was a beautiful day but the dungees were MIA.We fished 5 pots and only got 2 keepers and maybe 3 smalls so we took home a few of the larger rock crabs but that was it.There were hundreds of pots in the bay and I only heard of a few crabs per boat.Maybe the water is too warm IDK but now is not the time to crab there.Will see if anyone did any good at Bodega or HMB.No pics today....Sorry I'm tired and need a shower.

Eagle20
11-06-2018, 07:26 AM
I haven't done nearly as well at Tomales the last couple of years as I have in the past. You are correct, the parking situation is horrible !
The traffic to and from Vacaville can be a real headache too. But I still continue, as the bay is such beautiful place to go to get away from
the "asphalt" jungle.

ApexPredator
11-07-2018, 09:02 PM
I was out there Monday and it was dead, only took 4 crabs from 3 traps all day and to top it off someone took my best set up.

Seon
11-08-2018, 06:01 AM
This is probably the reason why there's so many pots being raided...just saying.:embarassed: