PDA

View Full Version : Officially hooked....

BigUnInDaBoat
01-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Great day on the marsh. Brown dog and I will get this waterfowl thing down! Shot at a lot, and missed a lot, but dropped a teal and smacked my first mallard that came in with another, feet down wings cupped right into my decoys, just breathtaking. Brown dog retrieved it after a little encouragement (biggest bird she's ever seen), but she did retrieve it BY THE FOOT hahahahaha. I thought I had taken 3 shells of BB and when i saw geese coming I loaded those, they turned out to be #5's or else I would've most likely got my first goose today too. Well looks like I'll be taking fishing vacations this time of year from here on out.3351633517

annabenn
05-13-2019, 02:26 AM
Great day on the marsh. Brown dog and I will get this waterfowl thing down! Shot at a lot, and missed a lot, but dropped a teal and smacked my first mallard that came in with another, feet down wings cupped right into my decoys, just breathtaking. Brown dog retrieved it after a little encouragement (biggest bird she's ever seen), but she did retrieve it BY THE FOOT hahahahaha. I thought I had taken 3 shells of BB and when i saw geese coming I loaded those, they turned out to be #5's or else I would've most likely got my first goose today too. Well looks like I'll be taking fishing vacations this time of year from here on out.3351633517

What's the breed? Looks like chesapeake bay retriever

burninfuel
05-13-2019, 09:30 AM
Chocolate Lab

BigUnInDaBoat
05-13-2019, 09:53 AM
Yup she's a chocolate, just picked up a male 8 week old pup about 6 weeks ago. Terrible two, lol

BigUnInDaBoat
05-13-2019, 09:54 AM
man this pic makes me miss it that much more. lol thanks!

Waterdog
05-13-2019, 07:00 PM
Great lookin chocolate lab. I’ve had hunting labs for the last 30 plus years so I’m a little prejudiced but I think they are the most awesome dog on the planet. Super hunting dogs both waterfowl and upland. Incredibly smart. Great personality and fabulous family dog. They are also affectionate , loving, playful and can be quite the clown. They retain a certain puppy like trait their whole life. I can tell hunting stories about my dogs for hours and other stories about their crazy antics.
Enjoy every minute with your two labs , they will touch your heart in special ways and you’ll make forever memories with them.
The dog in my avatar is my dog Sprig. He is that once in a lifetime dog all hunters hope they have one day. I’m truly fortunate he came into my life.