PDA

View Full Version : 27 inch 8+ Pounder in Georgiana Slough

Kapn_Krusty
10-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Saved my last sardine for Georgiana slough after trying Decker and the Rio Vista area today. Caught a shaker schoolie on the first pieces. After that I had nothing left but a sardine head for one of my two hooks. Found another sardine head with a little guts left on it, lying in the grass (left behind by someone there earlier) and put it on my second hook. Threw it out into the lane...waited...began to think that nothing was gonna take those pieces of trash bait, was about to haul it in and go home when I got slammed by an 8 pound 27 inch cat.

Good, strong fish.

A good way to finish the day.

Constant contact on tight lines.

KK

AllFishNoWork
10-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Nice job Krusty! Funny thing about those heads. One morning at Camanche we were fishin with anchovies and cuttin off the heads and droppin them off the side of the boat. A bit later I caught a nice 9-10 pounder. That nite as we cut open the fish, we found his belly full of the 'chovie heads we were droppin over the boat.

Kapn_Krusty
10-17-2004, 10:52 AM
That's interesting AFNW.

Maybe it's a niche thing, because alot of other fish will pick at a bait until nothing but the head remains. It would stand to reason that someone else in the food chain would make use of that food source. I guess that someone is Mr. or Mrs. Catfish.

Thanks for that valuable anecdote.

PS I was only fishing with them because I was feeling a bit hardcore and determined to get "just one more fish" before going home. ;D

fishinduo
10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Nice to hear that the cats are still hitting! I have been wanting to try Georgianna from my boat for a long time... I think after reading your success story, I will give it more thought... when it stops raining!

Rich

ABUGARCIA209
07-15-2007, 12:58 AM
any picture>?

Finesse
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
i have done the same fishing Knights Landing in the past. i had been tossing out whole Makeral carcases the whole night, we ended up with some nice cats in the 20s and when i got home to clean both big cats had the Makerals in them. makes me wonder if i need to use bigger baits when im out there ;)

Diego916
07-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Dang, who dug this thread out of the archives? ;D