PDA

View Full Version : Four day Epic trip on the MID

Maxumfishin
04-25-2019, 05:41 PM
Monday arrived a 7;00 and not a boat in the lot. Ladders everywhere and immediately noted the first three fishermen on shore were hooked up. Trolling close was the plan. Started with waves but turned to glass in a couple hours. Nothing out of the ordinary and ended up landing 13 and lost a nice one close to 10 pounds at the boat. The downriggers at 14-20 and the Blue pink GVF Pyramid Speedo at 3mph was the ticket.

Tuesday, 1 boat in the lot and glass lake again. Shasta rainbow spoons and the same GVF blue/pink Speedo were killers for 20 fish. All taken in the area of warrior and monument to the Willows. Today for no known reason, 4 colors of leadcore was the ticket and the DR's went quiet.

Wednesday once again one boat and smooth lake. Fished the same area but further north. All four rods with Shasta Rainbows all day. Within minutes my buddy got a massive fish we estimated close to 18 pounds. I new it was loosely hooked on the nose and my net went short and the fish said goodbye. In short I was a spectator today. Minutes later a quad hook up and the fire drill was on. It ended with a 10 pound fish in the ice box, a 18" in the ice box, and a 32 1/2" cutt being landed and released. My buddy continued on with another 25 1/2", and 26 1/2" we ended with 14.

Added a day to our Licences, Hit the water at 7:05. Why fix what's not broken? Same place same, speed, and lures. My turn, Double! One a 10 lber my buddy landed and netted solo while I got the 32 1/2" fish in and released. I don't weigh big fish! but he was big. Two more fish at 28" and 29" and that followed by by two 18 inch BBQ fish. Off the water in in 90 minutes!

Again, epic place and only too happy to release those big guys. The two of us went from never having landed a 10 Lb fish to landing 5 on this trip. Amazing place.

Most fish caught over 100' of water. 52 degrees surface Mon and 55 by thursday.

Thanks Okie we are bigger addicts than we used to be.

fishwrong2
04-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Congratulations on an awesome trip. That place is simply amazing. Not all trips go that way, but the potential is always there and it makes fishing elsewhere seem dumb.

Well done. Thanks for the report.

Snifferman
04-26-2019, 09:43 AM
What a fantastic 4 days! Thanks very much for the report. And the trolling will only get better. Pyramid is a fantastic place and we are all so blessed to have it in our backyards! My backyard is in Colfax, but that is till only 2 hours 15 minutes away to one of the best trout fisheries in the world!!

Expedition
04-29-2019, 01:18 PM
I had a blast fishing there last October! going to be part of my regular fall rotation now....Almanor, Eagle and now Pyramid!!