PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Sloug

DATROEBOY510
05-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Anybody been up their for cats recently???

pulper80
05-26-2006, 10:53 AM
You must like catfish a lot.

209richie
05-26-2006, 01:57 PM
I go to whiskey at least once a week not for cats but for striper but I always see people with stringers full ive seen them rolling on top also BIG CAT to. I would try any kind of stink bait (liver sadine clams ect)you also have a good chance of hooking a striper if you do go try the area were the road ends its all gravel you cant miss it theres always people there trying for cats ask them how they do it and try it out.But like I said ive never fished for them

Diego916
05-26-2006, 02:20 PM
I think the last time I was there was in February. There were fur bags (sea lions), so I didn't have any luck that day.

deltalover
05-29-2006, 07:36 AM
I have had luck there in the past, but if you go the other direction (mcdonald road) to "wind mill cove" area, its much nicer fishing and you can find some shade on hot days! I caught several pan sized this weekend on dip bait, liver is also good! I caught a 10 pounder there, a while back.

Schu
06-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I would like to find a good spot for my boat (see bellow) I have been in the Canal by Grimes but only caught one stripper there. I need a mellow area like Whiskey where the winds and tides are not too bad. Hopefully close to a launch area. Also does anyone ever fish Clifton Court ?