PDA

View Full Version : Elkhorn Catfishing????

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I am thinking about going to fish the slough At the Elkhorn exit off of I-80. Does anyone fish there if you do what do you use for bait and how has the fishing been there lately?

AllFishNoWork
08-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Do you mean the Elkhorn/Greenback exit? There are some sloughs(?, maybe rice field drainoffs) farther west on Elkhorn that you may catch something. Try nightcrawlers.

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Ya i was talkin about Elkorn Rd. as u are going towards knights landing off of I 5 not I80 my bad soory for the mixup....

D_Lowe

AllFishNoWork
08-11-2005, 10:10 AM
I'd give any of those canals/sloughs/whatever you wanna call em 15 minutes with a nitecrawler. If you don't get a bite, jump back in the truck and move on to the next one.

innovate
08-11-2005, 10:25 AM
The slough that runs parallel to West El Camino holds a large number of cats, panfish and bass. 3-4 years ago I used to fish off of San Juan in the mornings before going to work @ noon. Great fishing to be had but now since there's so much development in the area, parking is hard to come by.

13yosacramentofshr
04-29-2006, 06:53 AM
yes there are some nice catfish out there on elkhorn just last year i went fishin on a little slough thats on your left if your headin east on elkhorn its right in front of natomas park but i cought a pretty big 11lb there and a small bass! thats wat surprised me most a 5 pound bass and three more smaller catfish and two about 8 lb carps in about 2 hours 8-) you should try it