PDA

View Full Version : A TWOFER AS REPORTS GO.

tommy_tsunami
04-01-2006, 07:00 PM
WELL DID A LITTLE FISHING UP AT KNIGHTS LANDING TODAY AROUND THE BOAT RAMP, NEEDLESS TO SAY THE WATER IS STILL UP IN THE PARKING LOT ALMOST TO THE OUTHOUSE, I FISHED FOR TWO HOURS WITH ONLY A COUPLE OF BITES, NO ONE ELSE THERE HAD CAUGHT ANY EITHER, MY BAIT WAS NIGHT CRWLERS, WHICH IS NOT MY PREFERRED BAIT FOR THESE FISH BUT THATS ALL I HAD.. REPORT TWO COMES FROM DELJPASO RD, WEST OF I-5, FISHED THERE A LITTLE THUSDAY AND USING NIGHT CRAWLERS I MANAGED NOT CATFISH BUT TWO CARPS, ABOUT TWO POUNDS APIECE. TOSS BACK OF COURSE.. THE FIVER NEEDS TO COME DOWN QUITE A BIT BEFORE THE FISHING GETS GOOD, ALSO IT NEEDS TO STOP RAINING SO A GUY CAN GET OUT AND FISH PERIOD.. :-[

MB_Kevin
04-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I know this is my favorite time of year to fish in lakes and I think my lake is still to muddy to fish. It is getting me worried. All I can hope is they are getting in some good spawning so next year will be even better ;) Or they are waiting for waters to clear and for me to get there :D

tommy_tsunami
04-02-2006, 06:39 AM
hey whats your favorite lake, and this time last year it was fish on but this year it has been tough, i did manage a couple of bass a month ago at folsom, but not much since..

Diego916
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the report, tt. I can't WAIT for the water to slow down and the rain to stop. Maybe by late May we'll get a break.

tommy_tsunami
04-03-2006, 07:24 AM
ya no kidding diego, last year at this time i was killing them in the sutter bypass, till that storm filled ur up again...

fishrman4life
04-03-2006, 08:26 AM
I've fished in muddy lakes before and it hasnt really affected the fishing. If anything, winter is the top time that I've found that the cats really bite consistantly. It's weird how even the really lethargic cats will bite on blood baits or liver.