PDA

View Full Version : Mendota Slough

nightfisher
01-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Well Duck season is just about over. I hope to catch a few channels in a couple of weeks. We went out last week and fished right off of 180 and caught a small mudd cat. Nothing much was going on. Anyone catching anything out in Mendota?

Dinophyte
01-22-2006, 01:11 AM
nightfisher,
Welcome to the boards! :) vini-v can answer that question for you. I think he fishes there a lot. Good luck.
D

nightfisher
01-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the response. Looking forward to hearing from Vini-V

vini-v
01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey nightfisher i just sent you a PM we've been doing pretty good out there at mendota, i caught a 6-1/2 pound channel last week and the week before we caught 5 fish between 9lbs and 5lbs best day ever out there but the water was way down then now its right back up.

We're using a tournament bait now called Danny Kings and this stuff works GREAT out there it's sorta a cheesy bait but i'm telling you those cats
LOVE IT over anything and we fished 9 poles with every bait and only caught them on DK's bait ;D

Hey Dino thanks for the mentioning, getting ready to buy some waders now since i'm getting into this fly fishing never ending $$$pending LOL

Dinophyte
01-31-2006, 12:15 AM
vini-v,
Your one of the the Mendota Slough veterans. Gotta mention your name when people wanna know about the fishing action over there. :) Your using a new bait now? How does it compare to the stuff you were using before? I understand about buying new gear. I just got me some new insulated cover alls to stay warm and dry when it's raining. Keep the reports coming in bro. :)
D

fishrman4life
01-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey nightfisher i just sent you a PM we've been doing pretty good out there at mendota, i caught a 6-1/2 pound channel last week and the week before we caught 5 fish between 9lbs and 5lbs best day ever out there but the water was way down then now its right back up.

We're using a tournament bait now called Danny Kings and this stuff works GREAT out there it's sorta a cheesy bait but i'm telling you those cats
LOVE IT over anything and we fished 9 poles with every bait and only caught them on DK's bait ;D

Hey Dino thanks for the mentioning, getting ready to buy some waders now since i'm getting into this fly fishing never ending $$$pending LOL

Just out of curiousity and nothing more....where would you get this Danny King Punch Bait at? Any fishing store?