PDA

View Full Version : fun way to catch catfish

fishinjunkie
08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
everday an hour or so before dusk the catfish start surfacing. at least at this pond i fish. its so much fun to throw bread in the water and to see the big catfish come up and nail it. of course i do throw my own line out there with bread and have fun reeling the big catfish in. this has to be one of my most porductive ways to catch fish. i have never not caught a fish when i used this technique. i was also wondering if u guys ever have had some weird techniques to catching cat fish.
fishinjunkie

FishnRN
08-26-2005, 12:01 AM
You aint lyin' thats a fun way to catch em'. I use an ultra light spinning rod with six pound test. I fish off a boat dock behind my friends house in Discovery Bay. A hunk of french bread, no lead or anything, just a hook and some bread. Then the fight is on! I seem to C&R more 15# carp than I do catfish though, but the kittycats do bite. Them carp sure are fun to catch on that light tackle, they fight as if I was gonna eatem'!
Keep havin' fun,
-FishnRN (Ben)

fishrman4life
08-26-2005, 12:55 AM
sounds fun, im gonna give it a try this weekend

vini-v
08-26-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah i've seen them plenty come to the surface and *slurp* something off the top water, might give that a try what the hay ;D

ChabotTrout
08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
IMO, them 15 # carp fight better than cats anyway. ;)

mike22ca
08-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Topwater catfish/carp is sweet. Nothing like seeing one "blow up" on ya huh? hehe. I fish this farm pond I know of sometimes and I throw dirt in the water to get them active and surfacing. Then I give the bait a toss out there ;D

Wolf74
08-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Ya but the Cat tastes better

FishnRN
08-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey there Wolf74, I think I'm just gonna take your word on that one! I too have heard you aint supposed to eat them carp.
-Ben

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
08-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I have never heard of catchin catfish on topwater...hmmmm...Where is somewhere i can catch catfish like this i live in Sacramento please let me know i am very interested on trying this method.....Thanks...

D_LOWE

MB_Kevin
08-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I have gotten many carp this way at berryessa but never tried it for a cat. But there are alot of cats in there too. I would try Spanish flats cove for this if I was going to try it but where ever fishing junkie got his might be best. ;)

ChUbBz
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
lmao one time i was at a lake and i wasnt fishing or anything....it was about 8 pm. all of a sudden i see lik over 50 catfish swiming near the surface so we start throwing chicken in it...they started to eat it..we didnt have any fishing rods or anything...so i held the long chicken piece in ma hand and stuck it in the water,, the catfish ate it i grabed it with a towl and took it out~!!!! i cought like 16 like that,,,LOLLL 8)